Thread: New newbie needs advice

Potential Tuner

New newbie needs advice

Hey guys,
    New to the forums. My name is Richie and I have been working on Mustangs, my passion, for years. Always left tuning to others as I?ve always been computer challenged. I?ve decided I really want to learn to do it and do it well. I just started training with the Ford beginner course from the Tuning School. My biggest issue so far seems to be a vocabulary problem. I may know what the car needs but I?m not really sure where to adjust it as I?m not sure what the headings in HP tuners mean. How did you guys get started and what do you all think is the best source of information beyond my course material from the school. I want to do a live session this summer hopefully so that may really help. Also, I?m building my first tune for my car, a 2017 Mustang GT that I just put a VMP Gen 3 with a PMAS 120mm CAI, 67mm Twinjet TB, IAT harness from VMP, VMP fuelrails, boostapump, 88mm pulley, and Brisk plugs 1 colder at .028. When I flashed my first tune file it started, idled for a minute at 675, I tapped the gas it revved a little and then went to 2350 rpm on its own and never came back down. I?m sure you guys will know why. I don?t so if someone can enlighten me that?d be great.
    Thanks all.
    Richie

Advanced Tuner
    The best thing to do is datalog whats happening and attach it to this post. Sounds like you have a MAF scaling issue, but it will be hard to tell unless people can look at physical data. If you could even post your tune that you have written that would help

Potential Tuner
    I apologize for the long delay and appreciate the response. Due to time constraints and my car being my daily, I had to turn the tuning to another but am determined to learn to tune. I will post the tune I had been working on and the startup log I have as soon as possible.