Thread: snake eater 1500 issues

snake eater 1500 issues

Hi guys. I am having some issues with my new SEP 1500s. I was running deka 60s and the tune was perfect. i swapped injectors and it all went south. I got all the injector info from SEP site on the excel sheet. I calculated my flow rate correctly (boost/vacuum ref at 60 psi base). the truck drives at throttle and in boost just about the same as it did before. However, my off throttle coasting down at slow speed spikes lean and rich, my idle is very rich, and it wont start without giving it throttle (seems lean?). it used to fire right up no issues. I looked at the base tunes for these injectors but it seems everyone is using different settings. Any input would be great. thanks. attached is the tune for reference.
    Suburban_3Bar_tune_9.hpt

Tuner in Training
    The first thing I noticed is your short pulse limit should be higher then you have it. Your short pulse adder table wont work with those settings.

Clean up the VE table too, holy cow is that thing a wreck. It's got a gajillion spikes and dips all over the place, no wonder the fueling is jumping around. Use the smooth function, it's there for a reason.

Would probably help too if you failed the MAF by setting the fail high hz to 0hz instead of 13,500hz. Might help it start on the first try.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

the VE table looks bad where the engine doesnt hit those cells. I havent cleaned up that area yet. I believe my MAF is failed in engine diag. Again, this ran perfect before changing the injectors.

Tuner in Training JoshuaGrooms83's Avatar
    been thinking of picking up a set of 1500 but hesitant from seeing issues trying to adjust the tune to these injectors. what is so different between snakeeater 1500 and others? I like the price but I'm hesitant to have to deal with the headache if tuning them.

I think regardless of where you buy from, the bigger the injector the harder they are to control at low pulse widths. Like 210's or larger will be tougher on a stock computer but a standalone controller won't have as much issue. Many people still do it but it helps to have experience.

The guy from snake eater even said in a video that it's hard to control big injectors with stock computers. His data is provided by Greg Banish, so that should be okay. I would suggest you buy injectors that fit your needs. If you only need 120lb/hr to make your power goal, don't go out and buy 160's or 210's just because they are the same price. That's just how I look at it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

My customers that price-shop injectors usually end up buying twice. With that said, given the volume needed for e85 and it's wide AFR range tolerance, you can run some junkier, ill-characterized units on it much more easily than you can on regular pump premium.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Potential Tuner

E67 SEP 1500 injector data

Don't mind the ve table and maf. Just posting for injector data. I can't seem to find much good data, but this will get the SEP 1500s started on your tune without touching your ve and maf but it'll be a little rich but it'll run smooth. This is on an zl1 lsa engine swapped in my Toyota pickup. Basically you just need to copy: the stoich table, the min injector pulse, offset vs press vs ignvolts table, and flow vs pressure. I also lowered my short pulse limit for the adder table to .3. If you look further into it I zeroed some tables, only on this fuel tab, thinking they were causing some fueling problems at idle, but I couldn't tell you if that's why its running so damn clean. I only had a 10% crank pulley on this btw when I first got it running, now it has a 2.5 upper pushing like 14 lbs. Either way this will probably start up an untouched motor. So heres one my tune files...STEP3 SEP1500sAGAIN SD.hpt