Thread: New User

Potential Tuner

New User

Hello everyone, I'm not a user of HPTuners YET lol.

I am really interested in this system. I have a 2016 Ram HEMI. Only upgrades right now are wheel/tire sizes and axle gears. I know that I can get in the BCM and make some changes, like tire size. I currently have a Matco MaxMe tablet. Its main function is for diag work, not really for tuning. At least from what I can see while operating it. I was going through its pages and found in the BCM the current config of my vehicle. What I noticed there was that there was no entry for my axle gears. It just shows 0. I have been fighting with this tablet to get my ODO and tires configured correctly. Do I need my engine PCM unlocked for custom or canned tunes? Do I need the BCM unlocked to change the axle gears?

I have more questions lol, but I'll wait on them for now. TIA

Potential Tuner
    No help here?

Tuner in Training
    Not many people tuning on these trucks yet but the PCMs are the same as the cars. Looking at my setup I don't see where I can calibrate my gear ratio and tire size. So maybe someone else can chime in and enlighten us on how to do this task.
    As for finding out if your vehicle is covered go here https://www.hptuners.com/vehicles/
    Searches on this forum will yield lots of information. If you are inclined to learn and spend some time then my recommendation is to take the plunge and buy the MPVI2 and start playing with it.