Thread: Idle Issue After Writing 2 BAR SD OS.

Idle Issue After Writing 2 BAR SD OS.

So I just recently wrote a 2012 Silverado OS with the 2 BAR SD patch applied to my 2011 head/cam/turbo 5.3 GMC. I transferred all my data over from my original tune other than the new tables that are in the 2012 operating system that weren't on the 2011. The issue that I am now having is that when I disable the MAF, it does not want to idle. It will surge until it eventually dies out or if I give it some gas and slowly let out it will stabilize. Also, when I put it in gear or turn the A/C on, it does the same surging thing. As soon as I re-enable the MAF everything is fine again. One thing that I noticed when logging it is that when the MAF is disabled the TPS is around 13% while trying to stay running but with the MAF re-enabled the TPS is around 19% and it idles fine. I tried adding a few grams to the minimum airflow table but that did nothing and I tried adding more fuel to that part of the VE table and still no luck. Where should I be looking next? MAF Disabled.hplMAF Enabled.hplOL.hpt

Your VE is off. Ran into this when i converted to 2 bar custom os with my e67 TBSS. Retune your ve tables; MAF covers a lot if errors etc. its nbd, just fine tune your ve in sd. Two cents. I thought it was a min air thing but it was really dirty ve tables

Senior Tuner
    when the MAF is failed the extra settings with the area scaler come into play and limits it unless adjusted to suit, max fail area will prob be stopped at 13% so u have to raise that limit number think its 60 factory try 200 so it has some room to open, also failed maf frequency high 2 and frequency fail low 1 and high/low count thresholds set both to 1 so it fails almost instantly

Quote Originally Posted by 07GTS View Post
    when the MAF is failed the extra settings with the area scaler come into play and limits it unless adjusted to suit, max fail area will prob be stopped at 13% so u have to raise that limit number think its 60 factory try 200 so it has some room to open, also failed maf frequency high 2 and frequency fail low 1 and high/low count thresholds set both to 1 so it fails almost instantly
    WOW, thank you so much. I did exactly what you said and it fixed all my issues.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TAPyvehc93 View Post
    WOW, thank you so much. I did exactly what you said and it fixed all my issues.
    Thanks for the info. I was having the same issue. It was driving me crazy. This fixed it!