Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ECT limits

Tuner

ECT limits

Dealing with ETC limiting my throttle. I'm not seeing torque limits setting on my scanner. I can not figure why its limiting throttle. table 44363 - ETC Predicted Throttle Angle vs. Effective Area vs. VAC: This is the open loop feed forward throttle angle required to deliver the desired airflow.

Is this safe to change throttle angles to cut the limiting?

18 f150 5.0 roush supercharger

Screenshot (1).png
    Last edited by 18f1505.0roush; 05-23-2019 at 10:20 PM.

Tuner
    Screenshot (2).png see the app and tps

Tuner
    this is not a MAF system its speed density MAP
    Is the ETC tuned to meet the requirements of the density mapped points?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    i'd need to see the tune to better assist or point you in a better direction.
    It is safe to change the throttle body model but it wouldn't do you any good. This is a type of torque reduction or more torque control. You may need to increase driver demand or tune your torque tables better. Make sure you keep Torque Request at a higher value when WOT. it will limit your throttle. Your TB is only opening around 55* and your ETC Area is staying real low as well, around 3.0. Given how much boost the truck is seeing, it doesn't need to open the throttle body any more to reach what's set in the tune.

Tuner
    thanks sir
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Screenshot (4).png i changed the ETC Predicted Throttle Angle vs. Effective Area vs. VAC its working great all pids look good on quick pulls

Advanced Tuner
    Nice. what does your Effective Area table look like. I'm oldschool… MPVI 1 still.

There's different ways to do everything on these fords. You can achieve similar results in torque limiters and torque ratios using driver demand, the throttle body model and the torque/ inverse tables. They calculate with other parameters and with each other. You can get the right answer changing different parts of the equation. Are you getting any IPC Torque Error or TB Oscillation?

Quote Originally Posted by 18f1505.0roush View Post
    Screenshot (4).png i changed the ETC Predicted Throttle Angle vs. Effective Area vs. VAC its working great all pids look good on quick pulls
    This is not good - you can end up in "run-away".

Tuner
    not seeing either of those

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    This is not good - you can end up in "run-away".
    o wow thank you ill change that back and keep digging

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Thatwhite5.0 View Post
    Nice. what does your Effective Area table look like. I'm oldschool… MPVI 1 still.

There's different ways to do everything on these fords. You can achieve similar results in torque limiters and torque ratios using driver demand, the throttle body model and the torque/ inverse tables. They calculate with other parameters and with each other. You can get the right answer changing different parts of the equation. Are you getting any IPC Torque Error or TB Oscillation?
    i have the driver demand torque turned up not expecting limits there. i haven't done any adjusting with the torque model / inverse tables. i do suspect that's where limiters are coming from but honestly i need to get a better understanding on how these tables work together and with the calculator. just looking at the inverse tables seems that the torque numbers are way low for where i want to be. Screenshot (5).png
    Last edited by 18f1505.0roush; 05-26-2019 at 07:36 AM.

Tuner
    thanks for the help. so you know... I am manipulating the Roush tune that came with the supercharger kit. it is a safe tune to say in the least.

How did you setup hp and torque ?
    Is it the real value ?

Tuner
    by Roush the hp values are set a little higher but close the inverse tables are lower than actual load i tried to change the inverse tables doing the math individually but the values are not correct. the math made the lower hp cells at a higher load. thats not right. the calculator just lowers every cell. that would limit etc more to my understanding. i understand how it works and log grafts for the mapped points i use. im kinda lost i tried the math on just the cells at wot and it went into limp

Tuner
    no ipc showing 0

Tuner
    it was the MCT causing the throttle to close and timing cut. Roush has a poor cooler design

That predicted ETC angle table looks really bad.

There is no way that you need 92* opening to get a measly 5.7 in^2 effective area on a boosted engine.

Advanced Tuner
    I have not seen that gauge set up before that’s interesting

Advanced Tuner
    hey I like layout for gauges can u IM or post layout thanks