Thread: Hoping to find a start up tune for my LS6 swapped 1968 Camaro

Tuner in Training

Hoping to find a start up tune for my LS6 swapped 1968 Camaro

I'm just getting my car up and running and I'm hoping to find someone that may have a better tune to start with. The car is a 1968 Camaro and the motor is an LS1 short block, but has LS6 intake, LS2 cam (did front cam sensor conversion and cam is same specs as 01 Z06 cam), and 799 heads making it essentially the same specs engine as a 2001 Z06 Corvette. I'm running an 85MM MAF and a full 4" CAI to the front of the inner fender and 1 3/4" primary shorty headers to a full 3" exhaust with an X-pipe. I'm assuming the CAI and free flowing exhaust are to blame for the surging.

The tune in the car now is something I built using as many of the tables from a stock 01 Z06 tune, but I'm getting a good amount of surging at light throttle while cruising. What I'm hoping is that someone may have a tune they've built or found that works well in an LS swapped vehicle. Not sure if it matters, but the transmission is a T56 and I have a 12 bolt with 4.11 gears.

Thanks,
    Ryan

Tuner in Training
    So, I think I may have found out what is happening. When I copied the tables over from the 01 Z06, I only copied over the primary VE table. Since the 01 ECU doesn't use a secondary VE, I never thought to update that table on the 99 LS1 ECU I'm running. I'm hoping to copy the primary into the secondary and reduce the table to fit into the smaller grid. I'm betting that is a huge part of my problem because the car runs great above 3500-4000 rpms.

Just did a 68 camaro with an ls6 about a week ago!! If you need any help, let me know

Tuner in Training
    Would you be willing to share the tune file? What ECU did you tune it with? older ECU or the 0411?