Thread: "TCM RPM Limit" breaking the Trans. anyone know why?

Tuner in Training

"TCM RPM Limit" breaking the Trans. anyone know why?

i have a 17 scat im trying to tune and its going into limp mode if the tires spin and revs out. im trying to raise this and if i touch it the trans is christmas treed and wont shift out of park. anyone seen this?

Capture.PNG

Potential Tuner
    I did the same thing Read the print at the bottom of the screen for that setting, which describes the setting. That's setting the point at which the transmission will go into "limp home" mode. Thought I'd broken something major when it happened.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rainrider View Post
    I did the same thing Read the print at the bottom of the screen for that setting, which describes the setting. That's setting the point at which the transmission will go into "limp home" mode. Thought I'd broken something major when it happened.

Understood. Thats why im trying to raise it as im hitting 6300 and its going to limp mode. But if i chage that nimber to anything and flash the car the trans wont work anymore. Lights and wont come out of park.

Potential Tuner
    When it happened to me I saw codes stating "permanent" and other scary stuff. I loaded a known good tune I had used before I changed the RPM limit and that brought everything back to normal .
    The codes were also gone. Hope that works for you.