Thread: guidance for tuning gen 4 ly6 with gen 3 ecu

Potential Tuner

guidance for tuning gen 4 ly6 with gen 3 ecu

First time posting, and have been searching and reading as I dive into learning all of this. Need some guidance to get it right.

Vehicle:
    2003 Silverado SS swapped 2007 LY6 longblock with intake using lingenfelter converter box, VVT deleted, no DOD.
    224/224 .600/.600 114
    2003 MAF
    2003 TB
    2007 MAP sensor
    Longtubes
    intake blah blah boltons
    4l80 trans (recent)

Overall engine has run pretty well since the swap but never seemed as good as it should with the mods. Shop that did the engine swap years ago tunerlocked by PCM and ran themselves into the ground closing (I have it unlocked now but have not tried loading it back in the truck but plan to this weekend to pull the file for curiosity). So I got a replacement off ebay with my VIN and what I thought would be settings for my year model. Got a buddy to 'tune' it for me to take care of the cam/headers, and recently the segment swap for the 4l80. Finding a file to swap made me realize my OS is way weird, but I didn't have the HP Tuners at the time. Trans worked but not how I liked and I have always had idle and cold start issues, so here I am with software and questions.

Did the search, youtube, search, youtube thing and started some VE and idle tuning. Kept reading and comparing stock files and realize I my injector data is likely wrong and possibly my MAP linear and offset. Also discovered my ETC scalar, IAC steps v counts do not match a stock 03 SS settings. Electric fans were on but not set anywhere near where they would work properly. Not sure how much my buddy got into the spark tables but they seem high compared to the MBT. MAF calibration curve was way weird and I know we never messed with that.

So I figure garbage in garbage out in terms of data with the ECU. I want to make sure I am feeding the right info in so when I log I can make appropriate changes. Ill attach the tune as I pulled it from the truck (2003SSSbrian4l80), plus where I am now (2003SSScurrent). I just found a tune in a thread on here where someone had converted the data for the gen 4 injector I have for gen 3 use and put that in the file I have going. I had already changed the ETC scalar and steps to match a stock 2003 SS.
    I have the 2007 LY6 MAP sensor and need to know if my data is correct, I saw where 2009 up MAP is different and that is the only stock file I could find in the repo that specifies LY6 and is very different than what I have. Whereas 2008 Sierra 6.0 matches.

What I am asking from those that are more experienced is if I am on the right track matching the MAF, throttle body info, injector data etc
    Which MAP settings to use?
    And for the love of binary where should I start with the spark tables?

I know will have to redo the VE and idle stuff I have done so far, but want to figure out if I need to make spark changes before I create extra logging work.

Thanks in advance and sorry for the length. My rig is a freaking frankenstein!

-Nate

2003SSScurrentinjectordata.hpt
    2003SSSbrian4l80.hpt
    Last edited by Meatwad; 05-24-2019 at 04:42 PM. Reason: remove extra files

Potential Tuner
    Used the injector settings I found and had to add fuel everywhere in a big way. Very positive STFT's, made some progress but still have some logging to do. Resulting changes make for some high VE values for a mild combo. I also pulled the file from my original PCM, and as I thought injector data was not changed from stock by the shop that installed the motor.

I am just not certain I have the correct injector data at this point. Min pulse width and adder tables seem okay comparing to a 2008 6.0 file. Its the offset vs volts vs MAP table I am not sure of or how to verify. Injector part # 12580681.

Unfortunately I do not have a wideband yet. On the list.

Ideas?

stftinjdata4.hpl
    2003SSSnoMAFforVE+injdata+handsmoove2.hpt
    Last edited by Meatwad; 05-27-2019 at 11:51 AM.