Thread: Turbo 408 Stroker w/E38 ecu swapped Nova leaning out past 5000rpm.

Tuner in Training

Turbo 408 Stroker w/E38 ecu swapped Nova leaning out past 5000rpm.

Car:
    1973 Nova
    Gen IV LS3 swap with E38 ECU
    408 Stroker
    Twin AEM 400lph pumps 8an feed to pumps, 8an feed to rails, 8an cross over line, 6an to the regulator, 6an back to the tank
    Bosch 210 injectors
    VS Racing 80mm turbo kit
    Holley Hi-ram
    102mm billet throttle body
    4" MAF housing

I've attached the logs. The tune is very rough I know. The car leans out above 5000rpm. I notice that the IPW does not increase past 5-5.2ms as well. I figured this was from draining the rails so I have the fuel pumps more oomph by direct wiring them and removed the check balls from the feed line but the issue remains. Any insight into this?

Nova lean out after fuel check balls removed.hpl
    Nova lean out.hpl

Senior Tuner
    Your injector DC is still under 27% when it goes lean, so you have ample injector to work with. Just need to richen it after 5400 rpm or so.

Tuner in Training
    I did richen it up. There was no change. Wasn't sure if I was running into some sort of IPW limit or if the fuel rails were draining. I've seen the IPW on Mustangs flat line when the rails drain. This is the first GM I've had with a fuel issue like this so I wasn't sure if the ECU flat lined the IPW due to the fuel rails running out of fuel supply.

Do you have a fuel pressure gauge? You don't have the factory fuel pressure sensor hooked up. With the factory sensor the pcm will compensate for pressure loss by increasing injector pulse width. Without out it the car can go lean with fuel supply problems and it has no way of knowing so injector DC does not change, it just goes lean.