Thread: lq4 turbo troubleshooting

Tuner in Training

lq4 turbo troubleshooting

So I have been tuning my 00 silverado, LQ4, 80lb injectors, gt45 turbo. I have it drivable, but it picks up knock randomly. Sometimes it runs great, and sometimes it shows 8 KR. Doesn't matter if its in boost or not. I attached a log. Truck seems to be fine, but you can feel it pull timing and absolutely kills power. Wideband shows its rich, still in the progress of tuning it.
    Any input is greatly appreciated, I am still learning how to tune
    Attached Files Attached Files

I sorta remember you're user name and had to click back to your previous thread.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...uestions/page2

If you still have any knock codes or pending codes, it will cause the knock retard to pull the max timing allowed in the tune which is 8 degrees anytime it thinks there is knock. If the sensor are good and known to be working, disable the codes to prevent this issue, the knock sensors will still work.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training JoshuaGrooms83's Avatar
    How has the tuning come?
    I plan on doing an LQ4 tune with similar parts, although many will say the gt45 is a bit small for a Lq4, its what I have myself, as well as 80lb injectors. ill probably get an s480 or something similar for mine later though. currently the gt45 is on my ls1 and it spools nice!
    Did you sort out the sparks tables to control knock?
    and you point is?