Thread: Convert voltage into AFR HOW!

Advanced Tuner

Convert voltage into AFR HOW!

Ok guys I got my wideband hooked up and running, have it logging in the vcm just fine only problem is its in voltage and that don't help me much. Id like to see it as actuall AFR or even in Lambda if at all possible. Ive used the search feature with no luck so if someone could point me in the right direction that be great. Also which histos would be the best to log with it as well. I tried to set up a afr err but was not successful

wideband is MTX-L Innovate
    HP tuner pro

I have the output of WB hooked up to blue wire and the black wire ground with same ground on WB.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by FstdodgeKY View Post
    Ok guys I got my wideband hooked up and running, have it logging in the vcm just fine only problem is its in voltage and that don't help me much. Id like to see it as actuall AFR or even in Lambda if at all possible. Ive used the search feature with no luck so if someone could point me in the right direction that be great. Also which histos would be the best to log with it as well. I tried to set up a afr err but was not successful

wideband is MTX-L Innovate
    HP tuner pro

I have the output of WB hooked up to blue wire and the black wire ground with same ground on WB.
    Right click the mpvi A/D input channel that you're logging as voltage, and select transform from the dialogue box that appears. After that, search through the pre-defined wideband options to see if yours is available/pre-defined. If it isn't, you'll have to make a user defined PID for the wideband you're using.

Advanced Tuner
    Yes ive got the WB to work but its logging in voltage Id like to log in AFR or Lambda do I need to change the paramenters?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes ive got the WB to work but its logging in voltage Id like to log in AFR or Lambda do I need to change the paramenters?
    Right click on the channel, and transform.

Advanced Tuner
    Sorry I must must understand. I did this and it logs in voltage I must be doing something wrong.

Advanced Tuner
    Is it not showing AFR or EQ Ratio (depending on which option you choose) in the channels? Or is it the chart that you're having problems with?

Advanced Tuner
    yes it only gives me the option for volts or millivolts for both. When i set it up as a math parameter and also when you try to log it in the scanner it on;y gives me the option for volts. Im sure its something simple im missing. Ill try again and see about posting up some pictures with what im referring to as that might help with the explanation

Advanced Tuner
    yes it only gives me the option for volts or millivolts for both. When i set it up as a math parameter and also when you try to log it in the scanner it on;y gives me the option for volts. Im sure its something simple im missing. Ill try again and see about posting up some pictures with what im referring to as that might help with the explanation
    Literally, all you have to do is right click the MPVI A/D Input in the channels where you're logging, and select "Transform", then select the proper wideband from the list it gives you after clicking on Transform. After selecting the proper wideband, it will then log AFR or EQ Ratio, depending on which you clicked on in the list.

Advanced Tuner
    I had to create my own but went through the procedure you showed. Thanks for taking the time and answering my questions. I'm going to just use one that's listed and adjust it to match my guage.

Advanced Tuner
    What wideband are you using?

Advanced Tuner
    First off i id like to thank you boostjunky for all your support, after having so many troubles i finally got it figured out. after several attempts i got it to do what i wanted. Seems like putting the data in manually wasn't working since mine wasn't supported, so i tried several of the ones that were close to what i had(innovate mxt-l) I ended up using the innovate LC-2 with a small adjustment to correct the difference. But i believe the major issue was i was choosing the option under Air\Fuel drop down and it wasn't working that way so after many attempts of trying different options i ended up choosing the one under EQ and that seemed to solve my issues. I'll take the blame for not being up to par with navigating the program just yet. again i cant express my gratitude for helping a newbie out even since this has been beaten to death across the forum and you tube LOL

Advanced Tuner
    First off i id like to thank you boostjunky for all your support, after having so many troubles i finally got it figured out. after several attempts i got it to do what i wanted. Seems like putting the data in manually wasn't working since mine wasn't supported, so i tried several of the ones that were close to what i had(innovate mxt-l) I ended up using the innovate LC-2 with a small adjustment to correct the difference. But i believe the major issue was i was choosing the option under Air\Fuel drop down and it wasn't working that way so after many attempts of trying different options i ended up choosing the one under EQ and that seemed to solve my issues. I'll take the blame for not being up to par with navigating the program just yet. again i cant express my gratitude for helping a newbie out even since this has been beaten to death across the forum and you tube LOL
    No worries, glad you got her figured out!

Potential Tuner
    hi I have a quick question I have a MTX-L gauge and setting it up in hp tuner how do you get the gauge to rear the same in lambda

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Boostjunkie for the pictures and instruction. Once again the HPtuners forum search button has helped me.
    Last edited by Bad Uncle; 07-05-2020 at 09:03 AM. Reason: spelling error

Thank you Boost Junkie
    62 Biscayne 425/409 SS/D stock class car 10.60s
    66 Dart 426CIG3 8.60@171 2750lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Ram All Alum , 468Ci G3 10.50s @4800 lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Rumble Bee, built 6.1 ,4000lbs 10.48 @ 129s MPH. Naturally asperated
    05 Rumble Stock 5.7, 3.92s TUNE ONLY 13.94@98mph