Thread: 2006 ford mustang gt hp tuners help

Question 2006 ford mustang gt hp tuners help

Hey everyone im new to the forum. I have a 2006 mustang gt with some work done (cams , headers , throttle body , O/F xpipe , ext ) the car has been dyno tuned but the guy that tuned it didnt seem to happy that he didnt get to do the work to the car (I do all my own work because im a car guy and thats what I like to do ) needless to say im not happy with my tune and dont think he wanted to mess with it (wasted $500 bucks ) so my question is if I buy HP tuners is there good tech support for any questions I have and how user friendly is it for beginner tuners because I feel that if I can properly learn to tune my own car I will eliminate the headache of trying to find a trustworthy tuner

Advanced Tuner
    It's a bit rough for the 3 valves. Doesn't seem like a lot of people are using it for this era of mustang. That said, if you have the time and patience you can figure it out.

Tuner in Training
    There is no 'tech support' for the tuning of the engine. That's what this forum is for. Everything you have done to your 3V is covered in this forum in one way or the other, you'll just need to search, read and try. I have pretty much the same mod list in my 3V race car as you and have had no problem tuning it, just read a lot first...

thanks for the info I ordered mpvi2 so now ill read up and play with it and see how it goes

Advanced Tuner
    I think there are going to be more 3v users coming online with time, which is great because there will be more minds contributing. The good news is the tuning on these is not too difficult, there are fewer parameters than the newer cars.

Im able to read the tune thats currently in the car so im guessing by that im not completely in the dark (dont have to start from scratch) so maybe I can post some logs and information on here and get some good guidance on how to correct some of my issues Im going to do alot of research before i cant anything as the car runs ok now but I feel it could run alot better with time and study

Like for starters the guy who did the tune thats in the car now has permanently disabled traction control so the on/off switch on the dash no longer work and the traction light stays on the gauge panel how would I enable that if I wanted (probably not going to because it doesnt bother me) but if i ever sold the car I would turn it back on so it would be optional again

Advanced Tuner
    what ever is load in the computer now will be considered your base tune, and also your stock file to return back to stock. you r tune was done with an SCT device? if so it best to return your car to stock then USE HP device to read and write, or you read your vehicle with the HP device but still return the car back to stock before flashing with HP device..

The tune thats in the car now is a dyno tune from a shop that has a huge following in the mustang world but like a said in the original post he seemed like he didnt want to spend a lot of time tuning the car which has lead me to buying hp tuners and seeing if I can "Learn/Do any better" maybe with the help from the members on here I can get my issues fixed and learn something new in the tuning world if anybody has any good pointers in the do/donts i would love to hear them the tune thats in the car now was loaded with a sct live wire ts and I will be returning the car back to stock with the sct live wire before loading any files with hp tuners with that being said my car is leaning out on idle via my aem wideband the guy who did the tune said he did something to the car at idle "to make it sound more cammed so dont pay attention to your afr's on idle " if i remember correctly idk why he did that because the car has comp thumper cams in it i didnt think it needed help sounding cammed but took his word for it anyways thats going to be one of the first issues im going to try to work out

also I had a bbk twin 62 throttle body on the car and he told me to take it off and put the factory throttle body back on if its not going to give me trouble I would like to put it back on it sure is pretty to be laying on the shelf in the shop if you know what I mean but I also understand that pretty dont make it run better so if the bbk throttle bodys are junk like he said ill leave it off