Thread: Need help with '03 Silverado SS tune

Potential Tuner

Need help with '03 Silverado SS tune

I have an 03 Silverado SS and I'm trying to get it ready for boost. It's got a P59 with OS: 12593058

I've installed e-fans from a Tahoe and a Flex fuel sensor. One of my issues is that my OS has the options to turn on Flex Fuel, but it doesn't do anything. Can anyone give me a recommendation to resolve this? I've read through the forums, watched hours of youtube videos, and d/l'd every .hpt I can find, but I haven't found any that I can do a segment swap with to enable the Flex fuel abilities.

I know that different versions of the P59 have different options enabled, but I'm pretty confused about what is best for my situation.

Looking for recommendations and alternative options. I do live in CA for the time being so whatever I do will need to pass the smog crap.

Thanks for the help.

Tuner
    I have a 2003 engine in mine with a P59 ECM. I switched my flex fuel off straight away as it's not available, but I kept the settings if its of any use ?
    default percentage 38%
    low fail frequency 45.0Hz
    high fail frequency 155.0 Hz
    Gen3 L59/4L60E LS3 cast manifolds, Small Cam change, 2800 Convertor, MPVI, using MTX-L for wideband tuning

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by jsf55 View Post
    I have a 2003 engine in mine with a P59 ECM. I switched my flex fuel off straight away as it's not available, but I kept the settings if its of any use ?
    default percentage 38%
    low fail frequency 45.0Hz
    high fail frequency 155.0 Hz
    Do you have a copy of your tune? If it was available from factory in your tune, I should be able to segment swap it into my pcm.

Tuner
    No, I lost it when the pc crashed, the nearest I have to it has all my deletes to run it in my car, it may be of use ? I just remembered I had it saved in my yahoo emails, have a look at both, john
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Gen3 L59/4L60E LS3 cast manifolds, Small Cam change, 2800 Convertor, MPVI, using MTX-L for wideband tuning

Potential Tuner
    No, I lost it when the pc crashed, the nearest I have to it has all my deletes to run it in my car, it may be of use ? I just remembered I had it saved in my yahoo emails, have a look at both, john
    Thanks for the files, unfortunately you have a different OS and I can't seg swap. I have all of the correct configurations for flex fuel, but it's turned off on my OS from factory. What I am looking for is my OS (12593058) with flex fuel enabled from factory. I'm not sure why they would keep the configuration available and turn it off on the back-end, but that's what GM did.

Thanks for trying to help though!

Tuner
    I searched the forum using your OS number and came across this
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...light=12593058

Potential Tuner
    I searched the forum using your OS number and came across this
    https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...light=12593058

Yea, I did that as well. Those files have the right OS, but flex fuel isn't enabled by default in that one either. At least swapping segments with that file didn't work for me.

Potential Tuner
    @jsf55 - I was able to use your tune to write my OS and get my sensor working, Thanks again!

Tuner
    Glad I could help