Thread: V6 pcm to 6.0L/80E

Tuner in Training

V6 pcm to 6.0L/80E

Okay guys long story and I'm a noob to tuning. I bought the software years ago to use with a friends car and a remote tuner. Just logs and flashing a new tune.

A friend has a truck that I recently helped him put together. Originally a 2003 4.3L/4L60E DBC and we used a 2003 6.0L/4L80E DBW harness. I'm not a noob to wiring and in fact have done a lot of higher end builds, but I have never been the one to mess with the tune portion.

SO long story short I pulled the normal Emissions stuff out (Rear 02, EVAP..etc). I did remove the DBW stuff and pin in TPS/IAC, fans, and the other normal items. The intention here was to run the V6 pcm with the DBC drivers and have it tuned to the new driveline. I dropped off the pcm to a local guy for a start up tune and in his words "the pcm was bad and wouldn't take the 80E segement swap). So he provided us with a 99-02 0411 pcm that I already knew wasn't going to jive. I refuse to pull the harness back off to start modifying it again after it has been completely rebuilt, tucked, and loomed. With the 0411 pcm it wont even send power to the starter solenoid. However when I bolt in the DBW pcm from the donor truck it turns over and fires but dies from VATS and it wont work anyway because it doesn't have the drivers.

My question is can this V6 pcm be tuned for what we are trying to do or am I stuck looking for a GTO or VAN PCM with the drivers? Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

Also, I have no bad feelings about the current tuner just trying to see if there is a way to work with what we have and not have to flush more money down the drain to get this thing running.

The specs on the new driveline

6.0L 9:1 compression
    Cam 225/236 525/525 110 LSA 107 ICL
    Deka 60lb/hr inj
    fuel pressure set at 58psi idle and boost referenced
    1 7/8 headers
    No Kittys
    Evap gone
    3.42 rear gear
    31" rear tire
    4L80E with some upgrades and HD-2 Shift kit
    FTI 3600 stall
    D1X 8-10 psi
    Electric fans
    Holley Hi ram
    LS9 3 bar map
    LS3 card style map

V6 PCM.hpt

What about doing a write entire with a VAN OS from like 2003 onto that 2003 computer. A full write entire would turn it into a 6.0/4L80e computer. If the 2003 VAN file runs the same OS, to me that work make me think it would work.

How many credits do you want to spend is the other question. Or use a dealership level scan tool to flash in a file, then tune it from there.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.