Thread: Bank 1 & bank 2 lean after airflow & feet forward changes on whipple build

Tuner in Training

Bank 1 & bank 2 lean after airflow & feet forward changes on whipple build

I have been dialing in drivability on my 426, 2.9 whipple build. One of the main things I have been dialing in is the transition into boost and also staying out of boost when it's not desired. To do this I have scaled my large throttle tables under feet forward control, the cars feels damn near NA until I really lean into the pedal now and drives so smooth and goes into boost with a factory like feel.

For the Throttle Body Model I simply added 28ish percent from top to bottom as that roughly the difference from the stock TB to the 102mm I run.

However sense doing this I often get a "bank 1 and 2 lean" my assumption is because I have more air entering the car and the pedal not reflecting it? I would honestly rather turn the codes off then go back to the old tables, but wanted Input from others. Anything else to check out?
    Last edited by MichaelGardinier; 05-25-2019 at 08:43 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Sensed MAP on or off?

Tuner in Training
    Off

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelGardinier View Post
    Off
    Turn it on.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by spoolboy View Post
    Turn it on.
    Not a good idea on the NGC3. Unlike the GPEC, in my experience no matter what you do, you will exceed a hard coded airflow limit based on actual Map readings if you leave it enabled. The result is a completely dead gas pedal, car coasting in limp mode half way through a pull. Have to decelerate under 20mph or key off/key on to reset it. Not a fun time.
    Last edited by 06300CSRT8; 06-04-2019 at 08:44 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    Not a good idea on the NGC3. Unlike the GPEC, in my experience no matter what you do, you will exceed a hard coded airflow limit based on actual Map readings if you leave it enabled. The result is a completely dead gas pedal, car coasting in limp mode half way through a pull. Have to decelerate under 20mph or key off/key on to reset it. Not a fun time.
    Thank you for correcting me on that.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 06300CSRT8 View Post
    What conditions have led to this? Is this something you only see in boosted applications? I only ask because I have Sensed MAP enabled on my '06 JGC SRT-8 that uses NGC3 CAN, and haven't had any issues with it. But it is an N/A 426 application.