Thread: Turbo 5.3 Commanded Spark

Tuner in Training

Turbo 5.3 Commanded Spark

Would anyone take a peak at my tune and log and see why my spark advance is higher than what is commanded in my high octane table please? I was looking around 20:39:36. I also get random KR and have no idea why.

LM7 5.3
    On3 Turbo
    Snow stage 2 meth
    BTR stage 2 turbo cam
    PAC Springs
    Built 80e
    tr6 @ .030"

Appreciate the help.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Ecobear86; 05-25-2019 at 09:36 PM. Reason: added vehicle info.

Your base fuel spark correction table is allowed to add in more timing based on commanded AFR and engine rpm. Zero out that table if you do not want it to adjust you timing for you.

You're also way too rich, likely causing knock. You are asking for 11.41 but the wideband is showing 9.6 or richer.

Start by yanking like 10% worth of fuel from the VE to get you closer to the commanded.

And the low octane timing curve shouldn't match the high octane, it needs to have a few degrees less timing so it can pull timing if it knocks.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    I must be blind I don't see a base fuel spark correction table?

I'll yank some fuel out I was trying to be ultra safe. I have the low and high octane table matching so I can dial in my spark tables, would you advise pulling timing out of the low octane when trying to dial in the spark table?

Thanks for the help.

Are you in basic view?

You need to be in advanced view under the edit tab.

The spark correction tables are directly to the right of the high/low octane tables. There is flex/base, then IAT and ECT spark correction tables.

Being safe is good but over fueling can still be bad. Use your wideband to create an AFR error against the commanded AFR in open loop. Then you can copy paste special by half that error into the VE table to correct the fuel little by little.

Work slowly on the fueling before messing with anymore timing, that alone can be the cause of the knock. Get it closer to the commanded fueling and see if the knock is still there. And yes you can still tune the spark in even with both timing tables being different, just like the factory had it.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I’m in advanced, I misunderstood I was literally looking for a table called “base spark correction table”.

Does my log not show my afr error under the charts? I have one I’ve been using to make my VE adjustments with paste special. I’m not really working on my timing table yet I just noticed my commanded was not the actual and I got side tracked and started investigating. I was trying to make sure my timing was safe and consistent with the timing table, that’s when I noticed the commanded spark and graphs were not the same.

Thanks!