Thread: 07 TBSS tuning help KR

Potential Tuner

07 TBSS tuning help KR

I have a 2007 TBSS with a K&N intake, Stainless works longtubes, no cats, SLP LM1 replacing the factory muffler. The truck runs great, you would never know its pulling so much timing, I cant hear any pinging but its also pretty loud inside. It has been tuned previously with a etune as well. Ive changed the tune quite a bit from where it was but I cant seem to get the KR gone. Wondering if someone can look at my log and tune and point me in the right direction?

52519.hplstocktune51119-1.hpt

Hit for similar ride..
    '07 TBSS. 3SS, 2wd, 402ci, BTR STG 3 cam, Speed LTs w/ catless Y-pipe, HD Spal fans
    '04 DMAX,NOT STOCK!

I'd get the MAF and VVE tables all done for part throttle. Then after that see how much knock retard you're getting after that. If the MAF and VVE are done then I'd pull timing out of the main spark table in the areas that its knocking.

Potential Tuner
    I setup a couple graphs in the scanner,one for high frequency and low frequency LTFT + STFT vs. HZ. Once I got those numbers I scaled the MAF in editor multiply by % and some of them jumped quite a bit. Going to go for a ride and see what happens.

Get a wideband o2 sensor, the fuel trims will not help you when you get deeper into the throttle. Making sure the fueling is following the commanded values is really key. You have no way of knowing your WOT air fuel ratio's without one.

These trucks suffer from pretty sensitive knock sensor, most will de-sensitise them a little bit so they don't over react. Also you should disable burst knock as well. Set ECM Table 12765 to zero for all cells to disable it.

I'd also back the time way down and creep up on it instead of asking for high 20's right away. Aim for like 20-22, get it all dialed in with fueling and see what it's like. Then if you can get away with 24-26, great but don't expect to get a lot in the truck motors. On pump gas staying in the low 20's makes great torque. And keep the low octane timing at least 3-4 degrees lower so it can try to take away timing if there is a real knock event.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.