Thread: LTFT question

Tuner in Training

LTFT question

Can someone look at this log and tell me if the ltft is the cause of my air/fuel going completely lean when i let off the throttle and why? I want to understand.2.hpltunning needed.hpt

Senior Tuner
    There are a few problems. The MAF wasn't failed correctly. I'm not sure that it's influencing the fuel or not though. The P0101, P0102 and P0103 codes need to be set to MIL on First Error. After that, you can tune the VE table to add the proper amount of fuel at idle and cruise. I question the injector data as well. What injectors are you running and what is your base fuel pressure?

Tuner in Training
    The injectors are 60lb at 58

Tuner in Training
    I don?t know how the mass air codes keep reverting. I wrote it again just now

Tuner in Training
    ok, I changed it back to mil on first and made sure it saved
    then I just ran it and still thre same issue6.hpldisabled LTFT.hpt

Tuner
    engine>fuel>cutoff/dfco >deacceleration cut off, might be your problem turn it upto 285f
    Gen3 L59/4L60E LS3 cast manifolds, Small Cam change, 2800 Convertor, MPVI, using MTX-L for wideband tuning

Advanced Tuner
    i dont think its dfco because when you enter dfco your fuel status changes to open loop and his remains in closed loop operation and his injectors are still active. No vacuum leaks? Have you tried to add some fueling in those sections at all? You also need to set you dynamic airflow rpm disable to 8k if your going ve only. You're still telling the ecm to use maf above 4k.
    Last edited by TCSS07; 05-26-2019 at 04:02 PM.

Tuner in Training
    ok I tried both and its the same, any other ideas?run w fuel.hplrun - fuel.hplDynamic airflow change.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TCSS07 View Post
    i dont think its dfco because when you enter dfco your fuel status changes to open loop and his remains in closed loop operation and his injectors are still active. No vacuum leaks? Have you tried to add some fueling in those sections at all? You also need to set you dynamic airflow rpm disable to 8k if your going ve only. You're still telling the ecm to use maf above 4k.

no vaccum leaks that I can find. I even went to an aresol after checking all of my vacuum connections I added fuel and it just added, didn't change the drop. should I try an open loop? I did change the the dynamic to 8k
    Last edited by v8miata; 05-26-2019 at 04:52 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    your o2 sensors arent really operating correctly. having them being stuck lean like they are is usually a bad o2, a leak by them in the exhaust system or having them exposed to fresh air rather than being enclosed within the system. whats your exhaust system setup? on some of your logs your fueling banks are opposite with the trims such on log 6 @ 1:26.7 bank 1 st was +18 and bank 2 st was -34. they shouldnt be that far part from each other. you might want to try a smoke test as well just in case. positive the injector data is correct?
    Last edited by TCSS07; 05-26-2019 at 06:09 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I am using the hot parts from CX racing driver side crosses over to passenger side into turbo then downpipe back to muffler I don't hear any exhaust leaks but I will check closely later this evening. the injector info I have is what I have put in, but I will go back through as I'm lost at this point.

Advanced Tuner
    That's fine I just wasnt sure of your setup because it wasnt listed. As long as the o2s are sealed in the pipe not getting outside air influence then you can rule that out as a cause. Even if your in closed loop running lean the o2 should still toggle normally trying to maintain stoich unless the sensors are messed up or has a leak right at the sensor. Yours seem to play dead and every once and a while they wake up but go right back. If those o2 sensors are old maybe try tossing in some new ones and see how it goes. I dont have 60s data to compare so I cant be of any help on that front. Have you searched the repository to see if anyone has 60s with that ecm? are they siemens 60's?
    Last edited by TCSS07; 05-26-2019 at 08:06 PM.

Tuner in Training
    I actually don?t know, I have an extra set of o2?s I?ll swap out. I will look into info on the injectors. I purchased them as remanufactured and really didn?t get much info on them. I?ll contact that company and see what I find out. Thank you for your help and I?ll post any info that I get