Thread: Idle relearn

Potential Tuner

Idle relearn

I have the mpvi2.. I can?t find the idle relearn function . Can anyone help me ? It is in the scanner right ?

GM IDLE RE-LEARN PROCEDURE

Perform the following relearn procedure for the on-board computer to adjust to the new idle position on the electronic throttle body.

1. Start and run the engine in PARK for 3 minutes.

2. Turn the engine OFF for a minimum of 60 seconds.

3. Start the engine and run for another 3 minutes.

4. Engine should idle normally after 3 minutes.

After having performed the relearn procedure and the engine still does not run within normal idle speed, it will be necessary to drive the vehicle above 45 mph (70 Km/h) including several decelerations. Also ensure that after driving the vehicle, let the engine idle for a minimum of 5 minutes.

If the engine has returned to normal idle speed, the relearn procedure is completed.

If the idle speed is still erratic or incorrect, restart idle relearn procedure.
    06MonteSS

2014 Camaro 2SS/RS - LS3, 6-speed manual, short-throw performance shifter, NPP dual-mode performance exhaust, 1LE front splitter, ZL1 rockers, Z28 Rear Spoiler, all paint-matched Red Rock Metallic, Custom paint-matched Bowtie emblems, Custom painted SS emblems, BMR strut tower brace, CAI - Cold Air Inductions cold air intake, Apex Motorsports, Inc. catch-can, Bo White Ported/Polished throttle body, Custom DiabLew Tune

Tuner in Training
    Can someone elucidate on what is suggested by "Idle Re-Learn'