Thread: HELP with my tune

Tuner in Training

HELP with my tune

Guys i'm new to Hp tuners and would like so assistance.

Have a 2006 silverado 5.3l with sloppy stage 2 cam full exhaust. Stock 4l60e and converter for now. Ive been running this current tune for a little bit now and have been making minor adjustments can someone take a look at this and help me make some adjustments. I feel it is weak cruising and low end power wakes up top end. Shifting is pretty good. Idle can use some work at when it is cold and not idling for about 1 min it wants to die. here is the tune and the log file from my drive from home to work. was already warm. Wide band is hooked up and recording.

Thank you all for the help!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Lots of knock, something you should look into. And if you are running 87 octane consider going to mid grade 89 at a minimum with that camshaft.

Adjust your PE settings too. Do 80kpa, 60% throttle, 1,500rpm delay and keep the commanded AFR as it is now.

I'd also disabled burst knock as well. Then work over the timing more, it's not a good idea to copy the timing curves. If it knocks it can't remove it if both tables are the same.

You set the open loop EQ ratio to 1.00 for every cell, that is not the right way to do it. Go back to a factory table, there is a reason they have the fueling richer when it cold and then leans itself out once it reaches 130-140 degrees.

Past that, make sure fueling is on point in open loop with both the MAF and VE. Then work on the timing curves. It may want more timing down low to help it. With the right fueling running 20-23 degrees of timing without knock on 89+ octane should be do-able.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    personally these genIII trucks i like to have them in SD especially when cammedWorkingTune idle adjust test.hpt
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the responses. I have been working on the tune some more with some good results. I will post logs after this weekend.

Sultan how do you like to run the SD tunes. Just tune out the MAF or run a SD operating system?