Thread: Are Editor Table Dimensions Absolute?

Are Editor Table Dimensions Absolute?

I know that Editor is just reading table structure from the PCM. But is there any way to add columns / rows to existing tables? Can the PCM accommodate a change in structure like that?

I have found a few tables, where the existing dimensions just don't offer enough resolution for accurate interpolation between cells. Squeezing in a few more columns would be great. Better still would be to add a 3rd axis and make the table 3D. But now I'm just dreaming.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by CCS86 View Post
    I know that Editor is just reading table structure from the PCM. But is there any way to add columns / rows to existing tables? Can the PCM accommodate a change in structure like that?

I have found a few tables, where the existing dimensions just don't offer enough resolution for accurate interpolation between cells. Squeezing in a few more columns would be great. Better still would be to add a 3rd axis and make the table 3D. But now I'm just dreaming.
    The RPM patch modifies the code so I don't think it would be too far fetched and custom strategies probably already have additional data being stored and accessed via that code....

Could we ever do it in HPT though? I doubt it. By we I mean the tuner, not the engineer
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Advanced Tuner
    You can't add columns or rows, only modify the values of existing columns or rows.

I know that the scope of HPT Editor doesn't include this ability.

I'm asking more about limitations of the PCM itself. If the PCM can do it, some software can make it happen.

The are different packages out there for reading out the PCM and identifying/editing tables. There's one in particular I have seen (name is escaping me). Possibly one of these more powerful packages could edit the bas table structure, then HPT Editor could read out and modify it.