Thread: 2017 gmc 1500 6.2

Potential Tuner

2017 gmc 1500 6.2

So i have a customer with a 2017 1500 with the 6.2. All he wants is the DOD turned off, set the speed limiter up, and a little more power if possible. can anyone help me out with this one? I wanna know if i can do all this without un locking the TCM and if ill still need the 4 credits to do just the PCM? it seems as if these new trucks are getting harder to tune, i mainly just use my tool to shut off DOD on the GM and Phasres on the fords. any help would be greatly appreciated as im suppose to have it done tomorrow
    Hugh

Should only take 4 credits to do that.

AFM/DoD is one setting with the enable/disable master switch.

I highly suggest you tell your client that removing the speed limiter is not advised unless his tires and drivershaft have been upgraded to handle the speeds. The factory driveshaft is not really rated above the factory speed limiter. It can and will explode at some point if someone wishes to push their luck. Lots of youtube video's and forum posts of exploding drive shafts and the carnage it can do.

The power stuff you are on your own there, I can't really tell you what and where to change stuff if you don't know your way around these controller yet.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.