Thread: Right or wrong way to connect interface?

Right or wrong way to connect interface?

Guys is there a preferred way to connect to the S550?s. Every now and then when trying to connect it will light my dash up like a Xmas tree. Service Advance Trac, ABS, power steering inoperable, wrench, etc. Usually takes disconnecting interface and shutting the car off and restarting and reconnecting and everything is fine again. This last time it happened with the wrench it stayed on with no DTC?s. Will have a chance to restart car later today after it sat for almost a day and see what happens. I need to reflash the car for a time update maybe that will fix itself as well. Thanks

2018 and up?

I have some serious problems with 2018 EU models - it keeps disabling ABS, ESP, air bag's and GPS during normal logging...no air bags if you crash.
    I'ts intermittent, sometimes i can log for 3h straight without any problem. Sometimes it crashes just after connecting the MPVI...

I need to cycle the key on/off like 10 times and wait like 10min before systems are back again. Funny/or not thing is GPS stays disabled up to 1h.

Mine is a 2016. MPVI. Mine will also trip at startup And yes sometimes log and connects for long periods of time and once in a blue moon intermittently will trip advance trac, abs, powersteering, etc. haven’t noticed if air bag light is on as well.

Tuner in Training
    I too am wondering if there is a trick to connecting the interface. Today I tried to download the stock tune out of my newly acquired Australian delivered 2018 GT. It gathered the info fine, read the PCM and VIN. But when I click the Read file button, all of a sudden all the dash lights start flashing and chiming away. ICC screen flashes on and off, and then on the VCM editor its say's READ FAILED. Is there something I'm doing wrong.??

I've updated to the latest FIRMWARE on the MPVI 2 dongle, and have the latest version 4.4.4 of VCM Editor.

Any help would be great. Cheers Allen

Tuner in Training
    So I managed to work out what was happening in my situation. When I tried READING the pcm the first time I was out and about. This morning I was at home in the garage and tried again to see what would happen. Low and behold the Editor began to download the stock pcm file. Then it flashed up for a second, connecting with HP Tuners.... so im guessing that it needed a WIFI or internet connection!!!! Now let the tuning begin......