Thread: 06 lq4 mass air flow problems need help please

Tuner in Training

06 lq4 mass air flow problems need help please

Hello I have a 06 lq4 and psi computer for it with a 04 tune and I?m running a 5 pin mass air flow I keep getting lean codes both banks so I read to unplug the mass air flow to see if it runs better so I did and the computer didn?t set a code.
    its getting 12.5 volts and the ground is good I switch around and get 12.5 volts doing a negative test.
    Then I back prob the yellow wire and I have 4 volts with key on and when I start the car and then I rev up the motor the volts drop to 3.12 and rise back up to 3.66 at 2500 rpm

Any ideas why why it wouldn?t set a code I wouldn?t thank that psi would turn off the mass air flow codes ?
    Thank you kelly

Senior Tuner
    It will typically report a P0103 DTC if the MAF has been disabled. Can you post the tune?

Tuner in Training
    Sorry I cannot I haven’t gotten go tuners yet.
    I called psi this am they said it takes a few drive cycles before it will set the code and I need to have a little tuning done since the mass isn’t in the same location and the o2 Sencers are not in the exact location as stock so that would give me my p0171 and p0174 leans coded I’ve changed Intake gaskets and no vacuum leak new everything it only sets those codes when the car is ideling for a while and warmed up