Thread: Torque Management

Tuner

Torque Management

Can someone steer me in the direction of taking away a little torque management...I know the diablo guys have it down pat but I don't really know where to look on my 2015 SRT392

Tuner in Training
    Look under the torque management tables lol and diablo sport is pretty much the same
    Thing as hpt .

Potential Tuner
    I pretty much always start by disabling Fuel Shut Off (FSO), Electronic Throttle Control (ETC) and Stall torque management under the engine Torque Management tab. If you want no torque management, then turn Spark torque management off as well. I typically leave the Spark torque management on and adjust from there. Next, under the transmission Torque Management tab, I adjust the Main Torque Intervention for each gear/mode that you want to adjust. I have done this several different ways with my personal vehicles just to see what works the best. Most of the time I just multiply each table by .5 if I want to cut the torque management in half for example. You can even leave it stock in the areas of each table for normal driving and completely zero out the WOT shift areas if you just want to turn it off in that area. The options are pretty much limitless.
    TqMan disable.PNGTrans TqMan.PNGTrans TqMan 1-2.PNGTrans TqMan 1-2 Truck.PNG

Tuner
    Thanks bro! What I needed !

Doesn't turning off torque management break parts ?

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    be careful with transmission will burn up quick
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    A lot of it is personal preference. There are a ton of people running tunes from one extreme to the other and everywhere in between. Keep in mind that most of the Torque Management from the factory is to make the transmission shifts almost unnoticeably. In my experience, leaving the Trans TM on and simply reducing the amounts is the best option. The transmission will still shift very smooth under normal driving situations but shift much quicker under WOT which definitely lowers ET's and 0-60 times. You also need to increase the shift speeds and pressures if tuning the transmission. That is really the key to noticing a major improvement in transmission performance and longevity once you start making more power than stock.

Thanks for the info .

Quote Originally Posted by SultanHassanMasTuning View Post
    be careful with transmission will burn up quick
    Exactly, I keep it on for the trans. I allow it to continue to use ETC and Spark but turn FSO off. That said, how do we effectively see what exactly is triggering TM? I have seen on a buddy's scan where he is hitting a spot where his car flips over to the Torque Reduction spark table. It appears that id does this when actual torque exceeds expected torque (procharged 14 Charger). OK, that makes sense but how to we prevent it by controlling the torque numbers?

Torque Delta and Torque Delta Fault are both maxed out.

It appears to kick in when the actual and expected torque far exceeds the trans torque. I'm aware of the TM in the Trans section for upshifts and downshifts but this is upon punching wot at around 2500 rpm. The TM kicks in by 3000 and this is the only correlation I can find right now. I'm lowering hit airflow to see if bringing down the expected and actual torque calcs closer to the trans torque, will prevent it.
    2013 Dodge Challenger RT Plus - Shaker