Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: 3.0 TDI ZF8 Calibration pre-emissions "fix" restoration

Tuner in Training
    So I was able to flash prefix version 1003 on my 2015 Q5 TDI tonight. It's amazing to have it back like it was before !

Inkedimage_LI.jpg

Pretty good engine!

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by QuattroTDI View Post
    So I was able to flash prefix version 1003 on my 2015 Q5 TDI tonight. It's amazing to have it back like it was before !
    Indeed it feels like the car is back to life. Damn fix was choking the car in such a bad way. One can really appreciate it only when it is back to stock and working like it was intended to.

Potential Tuner
    Does anyone have the 1001 pre-fix file for a 2014?

Tuner in Training
    Reverted my Q5's TCU firmware to a 1003 revision and all is well; cold start shifting issues banished. Engine braking while present during warmup remains weaker than I remember and especially so during the normal drive cycle. For now my attention will be directed to an ECU reversion upon which a Malone stage2 will be applied.
    Cheers to mmmzon for all the assistance.

Potential Tuner
    old thread i know but did anyone ever figure this out?

how does one flash a 1003 file? ODIS?

Can we use the HPT cal to get a close enough calibration?

Potential Tuner
    I have a 2013 audi q7 that I just bought and don't like how the trans operates at all! I like this thread although would someone care to share their stock pre file please. Would like to look through it. Or maybe redirect me to where one is already.

Thank-you!

Quote Originally Posted by Steven@HPTuners View Post
    By default, we only read and write the calibration section on VAG ZF8 controllers. As such we do not have the ability to "roll back" as it is, but you could copy the calibration data from the older one to the new one using the software. You would of course be missing any data for the maps we do not have listed.

If you want to revert, the older version is actually 8R0927158AM_1003 or 8R0927158AM_1004.
    The thread creators was AM_1003 at the time before upgrade.
    Does this reading of the HPT "Calibration Only" apply to the other ZF8HP controllers as well? Or just VAG controllers? More specifically does HPT Read the entire TCM on Dodge ZF controllers?
    Bc I've been wanting to try a similar thing where I saved a Tuned File off my Ram truck with HPT. And the Dealership wrote over my TCM to perform a recall.
    But the Tuned file was applied with a PowerGate3 flash tool, and most certainly has changes made that HPT does not have access to some of the modified Maps.
    Id love to use HPT to Re-Flash that Entire TCM file, Mainly to gain Manual Shifting back, But wasn't sure if HPT has the ability to Write the Entire file, And now reading your post, I'm not sure if HPT actually Read the Entire File off the RAM ZF TCM.