Thread: Tire size/gear hptuners change?

Tuner

Tire size/gear hptuners change?

When i first starting using hptuners 5-6 years ago you could enter a tire size example 29.9" tires was dropped to 29.23 to account for the load on the tire ie weight compressing it down. Actual tire size vs tire size, now i see they have changed it to where its just tire size and what you put in stays. My question is was this throwing things off and why was it even changed?

Potential Tuner
    following.

cause when i put mine my speedo is off by 3mph and my cruise control doesnt work.

Senior Tuner
    To correct your speedometer all you do is change the Sensor Calibration, VSS tire revs per. If your speedometer reads fast then increase revs/mile or vice versa. I use my GPS in my phone to calibrate.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by astat4 View Post
    following.

cause when i put mine my speedo is off by 3mph and my cruise control doesnt work.
    My CC topped working as well. 18 chevy colorado 8 speed.

Quote Originally Posted by fifty View Post
    My CC topped working as well. 18 Chevy Colorado 8 speed.
    Having the same issue. the cruise inhibit reason is "D WHL SPD HI" Driven wheel speed greater than Non Driven wheel speed (slip detection). im thinking there is a setting in the traction system that is not accessible by hp tuners that has the original tire size. and its delat is to big and kicking it out of cruise. I have not found a work around yet. has anyone else?

Tuner
    I asked on some of the silverado posts that have the same problem and have not heard back from there either. It’s a problem that has been around for a while.

Tuner
    Got an update. Apparently the vss in the wheels needs to be reprogrammed to match the vss in thebtrans (the tire gear wizard)
    Everyone needs to reach out to hptuner to ask them to unlock that box.

Is there a fix for this at this point?

Potential Tuner
    I adjusted mine in the gear/tire wizard and my speedometer is 1mph fast from GPS. Good enough for me.
    2014 Silverado - Long tube headers//Volant Intake//L86 Intake//L86 Throttle Body//3" Exhaust//AFP Tuning