Thread: LT/DI Swap quick question

LT/DI Swap quick question

Can some one confirm for me that a 2017 Silverado 5.3 DI system, has a separate Fuel Pump Control Module? I know it does, but as in, is it a separate module from PCM/TCM when you gather info and requires extra license credit to tune it?

Thanks in advance.

Yes, that is correct. You can choose to read or not read the FCPM, then license would cost more credits on top of the PCM/TCM credits.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    Yes, that is correct. You can choose to read or not read the FCPM, then license would cost more credits on top of the PCM/TCM credits.
    Thanks man, that's what I figured. what I'm dealing with is a "complete" 2017 Silverado swap into a 1987 C10. But all I get is the PCM and TCM...the fuel module is there, I don't have any comm codes, but I'm having a major fuel pressure issue on the low side that is fine for a few minutes then pressure spikes to pressure relief (110 psi) then drops to 10-20...some times it will die. I didn't do the swap and the wiring is kind of a nightmare. It's getting on my nerves really, once again fixing others mistakes and piss poor work.

Tuner in Training
    what does their low side fuel system look like? I got my 87 Silverado / 2015 l83 on the road 2 weeks ago. I used a TI automotive F10000305 or 302 version. used since the stock pump and my adapter ring sat to high and required notching of the cab support. I drew up /designed my own adapter plate so I can run the new style flex fuel safe fuel line in tank so I can run the e85 to capitalize on the HP gains

i too am running the stock fuel pump control module

stock stuff would work fine connecting the pump to it, but the rubber that connects the 2 would have deteriorated due to e85... also wanted 3/8 for all ports and most importantly the correct connector fitting on top to handle the current. the little yellow one isnt capable of more than 14 amps.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Blue Bee View Post
    Thanks man, that's what I figured. what I'm dealing with is a "complete" 2017 Silverado swap into a 1987 C10. But all I get is the PCM and TCM...the fuel module is there, I don't have any comm codes, but I'm having a major fuel pressure issue on the low side that is fine for a few minutes then pressure spikes to pressure relief (110 psi) then drops to 10-20...some times it will die. I didn't do the swap and the wiring is kind of a nightmare. It's getting on my nerves really, once again fixing others mistakes and piss poor work.
    I had a similar issue. Was pushing support for FPCM access to my 2016 L83. However, as it turns out, at least in my application the FPCM is just a slave controller and the ECM parameters are controlling the low fuel pressure so no need to access the FPCM.