Thread: WB O2 not "jiving" with the narrow band O2's

Tuner

WB O2 not "jiving" with the narrow band O2's

I recently installed a Dynojet Wideband Commander. After I recorded my first run, I noticed that the WB readings were quite a bit different from the NB stock O2's. Is this normal?

I do have the WB mounted in the tailpipe since I have a rear mounted turbo. The instructions stated to install the O2 AFTER the turbo. I did consider that I may be getting contaminated readings from mounting in the tailpipe, but I also think that the exhaust pressure from the turbo should keep that at a minimum everywhere except maybe idle.

Do I need to move the O2 or make any adjustments? Or are the readings normal?

Here is the run;

Tony
    [email protected]

The wideband is accurate the narrowbands are not at WOT.
    Use the narrowbands for tuning around idle & crusing. (LTFT/STFT).

You should use the 2-bar enhancement for your application as it looks like you'll be running out of MAF real soon especially if you up the boost any more.

You should be logging commanded AFR as well.
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    I am building up to a 2 bar SD tune soon. I added the WB O2 to help with tuning the car. I am still trying to figure out how to turn off the MAF when I load my baseline SD tune.

I have to search more, as I don't know how to log the commanded AFR.

By the way, I wanted to say thanks for all of the help you have given me.

Tony

On the table view right click a blank spot, select ADD & then go to the Fuel System parameters. Look for Commanded AFR there and left click it. It's now on your table view.

AFR Error% is a calculation based on the Commanded AFR vs Wideband AFR so you only need to log Commanded and Wideband to get the AFR Error% value in your histogram area.

If you are tuning VE then use the VE - AFR Error.hst in one of your histogram slots (pick 1-8).

Then save your config as a new config (VETune is a popular name )
    Now you're ready to log AFR error.

To turn off the MAF go to Engine Diagnostics and set the MAF Failure Frequency to 0 and then go to DTC's and set the P0103 to MIL on First Error. Done...

Glad to help

EC
    Always Support Our Troops!

Tuner
    great info Doug! thanks!
    2003 Silverado SS -6.0L - 4L65e - AWD
    2008 GMC Sierra CCSB - All stock
    2011 Chevy Traverse