Thread: Injection timing for more fueling

Advanced Tuner

Injection timing for more fueling

So I understand injection timing is a big deal. Is there any we can steal on the stock cam for additional fueling for E85? Seems like most that do it don't want to give away there secrets. Any one willing to share? Is it something I can search for?

With stock camshaft in a boosted setup in the high RPMs above 5000 and in your WOT g/cyl aim for 335-340 if you have a stock LT1/L86/L83.
    Then interpolate between 3000 to 5000 RPM.
    This is simple for a stock cam vehicle.
    When you install a cam you can advance your SOI further specific to your cam specs... use your intake duration and intake centerline to calculate when you can start your injection but I do not exceed 360 SOI.

Cam card will dictate what you do with SOI (or Atleast when is optimum time to Inject amd not waste fuel)

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks guys any idea how to get around the pressure drop? I tossed in some E85 and the pressure drops big time at full throttle yet the Injector duty cycle is only 48%. You could tell it wasn't getting fuel. It is an LT4 car

Quote Originally Posted by JASON11WS6 View Post
    Thanks guys any idea how to get around the pressure drop? I tossed in some E85 and the pressure drops big time at full throttle yet the Injector duty cycle is only 48%. You could tell it wasn't getting fuel. It is an LT4 car

injector duty cycle on these is not the same as port injection.

you want to look at pulse width instead. if you are going over 5ms IPW then you are out and won't find a solution with just tune adjustments.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah its at 9-10. What's the max I can get out of them? I assumed with this big of a pressure drop I was going to need to pour some 93 back in the car to stable it off some.

Yeah its at 9-10. What's the max I can get out of them? I assumed with this big of a pressure drop I was going to need to pour some 93 back in the car to stable it off some.
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    injector duty cycle on these is not the same as port injection.

you want to look at pulse width instead. if you are going over 5ms IPW then you are out and won't find a solution with just tune adjustments.

Advanced Tuner
    Are you saying 5 is the max so I'm asking for double the fuel they can provide?

Are you saying 5 is the max so I'm asking for double the fuel they can provide?
    you're asking for double the amount of time because there isn't enough pressure/supply for the injectors to do the job in the right amount of time. happens very easily on E85. try E30 or just get a port injection system.

Advanced Tuner
    The car was at 55% ethanol at the time. I've scaled it back some it's around 35% now, I've opened the injectors a bit more and we thinking I'd at least test it to see where its at. I'll scale back the ethanol as needed. That was the plan from the first place, I just though it would take a bit more before leaning out. I think this car is just a freak from the factory. It was making significantly more power on our dyno then any other ZL1 has by a large margin. It put down 577 box stock and the last one we tested put down 519 with an intake on it already. Thanks for the quick lesson guys. Higgs and Ben at it again

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedabri97 View Post
    With stock camshaft in a boosted setup in the high RPMs above 5000 and in your WOT g/cyl aim for 335-340 if you have a stock LT1/L86/L83.
    Then interpolate between 3000 to 5000 RPM.
    This is simple for a stock cam vehicle.
    When you install a cam you can advance your SOI further specific to your cam specs... use your intake duration and intake centerline to calculate when you can start your injection but I do not exceed 360 SOI.
    I confused on this statement. Are you saying with the Stock Supercharged LT4 camshaft to start SOI at 335-340 degrees, or are you referring a Stock camshaft LT1 engine?

Quote Originally Posted by FastV View Post
    I confused on this statement. Are you saying with the Stock Supercharged LT4 camshaft to start SOI at 335-340 degrees, or are you referring a Stock camshaft LT1 engine?
    I am referring to the LT1/L86/L83.
    LT4 keep it stock data with stock camshaft and adjust it when you install a camshaft depending on the specs.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ahmedabri97 View Post
    I am referring to the LT1/L86/L83.
    LT4 keep it stock data with stock camshaft and adjust it when you install a camshaft depending on the specs.
    Thank you for your Input Sir.