Thread: Rich Deceleration

Rich Deceleration

I am having issues with rich deceleration. I have a turbocharged 5.3 with a mild cam (228/230) and 1500cc injectors from Snake Eater Performance. The tune is setup to run in OLSD. No mater how much I decrease my VE table in the in the 30-40 kPa row I am still getting rich deceleration. I figured the min inj pulse limit or short pulse limit was the blame but I have tried adjusting these values without any change. These injectors do have data although it is probably not the most reliable. I have also tried decreasing the offset vs volts vs VAC columns below 40 kpa by about -.1 with no change. I currently have defco turned off. I will turn it back on when I get this sorted out. I have attached my tune, example log, layout and injector data if anyone would like to take a look. Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Do a search, if I remember right, it will always be rich. nature of the beast with huge injectors on a high vacuum no load. DFCO is going to have to be the fix. Sucks cause then it engine brakes pretty hard. I did notice though your min fuel milligrams in the transient tab is still set to high.

Eric

Advanced Tuner
    Try this min mg.JPG

Try lowering min fuel miligrams as seen above.

In my experience, snake eater data is not accurate.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Hopefully it's not unavoidable with large injectors. I'll try lowering the transient fuel and let you know how it goes. Thanks

So I changed my transient fuel to 0.002 with no change. Any other ideas?

Tuner
    Try turning on DFCO ?
    Gen3 L59/4L60E LS3 cast manifolds, Small Cam change, 2800 Convertor, MPVI, using MTX-L for wideband tuning

Advanced Tuner
    LTFT Idle cell threshold disable speed... raise it to a speed you'll never see.

EDIT: its early, mind is not working. Set it to 0, not high.
    Last edited by RobZL1; 06-04-2019 at 07:51 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    what I would do is go to the main ve table and from 2400 rpm up zero out all of those values in the 30 kpa row. Also you could lower the minimum injector pulse from the 2400 rpm up to a lower value if you wanted but it should be fine where it is. Also your injector calibrations must be off if your car is running fine because the ve table values aren't accurate of what it really should be. When you are at idle the true ve should be around 50 percent, or there abouts.

Advanced Tuner
    what I would do is go to the main ve table and from 2400 rpm up zero out all of those values in the 30 kpa row. Also you could lower the minimum injector pulse from the 2400 rpm up to a lower value if you wanted but it should be fine where it is. Also your injector calibrations must be off if your car is running fine because the ve table values aren't accurate of what it really should be. When you are at idle the true ve should be around 50 percent, or there abouts. Ve tables should always have smooth transitions also, if you look at the 3d table of the ve it is pretty jaged.

Got it figured out. I needed to decrease the min inj pulse width more. Thanks

I see your flow rate is only 93.1? whats your base fuel pressure? I am also having SEP 1500 tuning issues. what was your final min inj pulse width?