Thread: Driver's side exhaust manifold glowing hot, ECT up, AEM wideband not reading

Advanced Tuner

Driver's side exhaust manifold glowing hot, ECT up, AEM wideband not reading

Anybody got time to check an SD tune? Had the truck idling in the garage and noticed the driver's side exhaust manifold glowing red red hot. ECTs higher recently. Truck doesn't return to idle correctly when coming to a stop.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by scottt28; 06-03-2019 at 08:20 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Has it been fine and all of a sudden its an issue? That would indicate mechanical problems. Idle timing could maybe come up a hair to keep some heat out of the exhaust but that wouldn't cause it just one one side, and its not really low enough to cause glowing hot manifold.

You shouldn't have needed to buy new credits. I've seen a few people run into a similar issue, and deleting the license.dat file and re-adding the application key or resyncing had it all back to working fine again.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Advanced Tuner
    The log shows a significant difference in fuel trims from side to side (driver side is pulling 10% more then the pass side), I would look into a possible vacuum leak on the driver side.

Advanced Tuner
    schpenxel says you either have too much air or not enough timing. schpenxel probably correct. cap on unused vacuum port at rear of Hi Ram probably blown off under boost. replaced nipple/cap with a screw in pipe plug. Not much room in an S10 with LS swap, turbo, AC, crazy plumbing, and lots of wiring. Tough to spot missing cap at back of manifold!

Pulled plugs and noticed they're all same color, but more tan than white. Probably should be closer to off-white considering E85 fuel. Cracked a plug when putting them back in.

Added AEM wideband channel again. Clicked transform. Will test tomorrow or Thursday after I pick up new plugs.
    Last edited by scottt28; 06-04-2019 at 08:37 PM.