Thread: Track Addict not connecting to Kiwi 4 OBD

Potential Tuner

Track Addict not connecting to Kiwi 4 OBD

I have a new Galaxy S10+ with Track addict installed. I have a Kiwi 4 OBD. My phone pairs with the OBD but the track addict app wont connect to the OBD. My friend tried his Iphone which works with Kiwi 3 and had the same problem. Any suggestions apart from swapping from kiwi4 to kiwi 3?

Potential Tuner

Track Addict not connecting to Kiwi 4 OBDII Device

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny F View Post
    I have a new Galaxy S10+ with Track addict installed. I have a Kiwi 4 OBD. My phone pairs with the OBD but the track addict app wont connect to the OBD. My friend tried his Iphone which works with Kiwi 3 and had the same problem. Any suggestions apart from swapping from kiwi4 to kiwi 3?
    I actually have the same issue. I am running an iPhone X. I have confirmed Bluetooth connection from my phone to the Kiwi 4, I have connection within the Kiwi app but the Track Addict app continues to say that OBDII not connected. I have also gone into the settings of the Track Addict app and configured OBDII connection to BLE/ Still can't get it to work. Frustrating because I just ran at Cresson over the weekend and I have great video and lap times but no OBDII info.

Unfortunately, we have no specific support for the PLX Kiwi 4 at this time, so only the Kiwi 1, 2, 2+, and 3 are supported. When the 4 came out, my hope was that it would simply communicate in the same way as the Kiwi 3, in which case you'd just need to set the app's OBD mode to "BLE", but it sounds like you have already tried that without success.

I honestly can't say when, or if, we'll expand our support to include this PLX product, as right now we are very heavily focused on enhancing our own products and offering the ability to do even more with them.

Potential Tuner
    Hi Everyone.

Just letting you know that I used my Kiwi4 without any issues whatsoever with my iphone8, IOS12, and my brother who co-drives used his iPhoneX with the kiwi4 also without any issues.

Video for proof... and me crossing up a bit lol.

https://youtu.be/zDNg7f2XBrI