Thread: help tuning 2.8 pulley 80# inj on ion redline

Tuner in Training

help tuning 2.8 pulley 80# inj on ion redline

I received some help from some of you before when i was attempting to do a twincharge setup, needless to say i kept having issues so i decided to go back to just supercharged so i can at least have fun driving it this summer. SO THANK YOU TO ALL THAT HELPED WITH MY LAST POST POST. This setup is 2.8 pulley, 80# inj, water/meth kit. I uploaded an old tune i had that was the same setup except it was for 60# inj, so im attempting to reduce the injectors so i wont run super rich. as of the run uploaded my AFR gauge is showing 10.3 at WOT. idle and cruise speeds its fluctuates between 13 - 15. any help on where to bring it down is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    So what do you need help on exactly? Your going to run richer by default because youve increased injector size. Make sure the injector data is correct and you will have to re do the airflow model accordingly. There is an injector spreadsheet floating around with the proper data for 80s. Ill post later when im at a laptop

edit: taking a quick glance at the tune. it needs some tlc. you need to tune maf and ve by themselves in their own modes otherwise you will get conflicting data. if you already have done so then no worries. if your using seimens 60s then the data you have is incorrect and same same for 80s. i posted the injector speadsheet. i used SJSchafer for my 60s setup because i felt they worked better. if your running e85 then the tune isnt set up correct at all. the stoich is still set to pump gas. you need to find the alcohol % of the e85 your using if you are and change the stoich to match that % and re tune. set your wideband to read in lambda and shoot for a .8 throughout (for e85) the powerband so you know the base fueling is correct and then you can mess with it but you need to make sure the base fueling is correct which brings me to the pe ratio chart. that is all jacked up. you are commanding a 30afr up to. you need to set that to 1.250 (14.7/1.25=11.76afr or .8 lambda) and tune your maf and ve to read that number. thats the proper way to tune a car. pump afr would be 11.8 and e85 would be .8 to what you would want to see. you have e60 in the title so excuse what i said about e85 if your not using it however all the other still apply about your pe set up. now you may have leaned it out because of the methanol but i just dont know so im trying to extract some more info from you and also in your log you posted your car did not enter pe mode at all during the pull so somethings off with that - big thing i noticed is no tps reading

LSJ Injector Spreadsheet 2.xlsx
    Last edited by TCSS07; 06-04-2019 at 08:56 AM.

Tuner in Training
    wow thats alot lol. thanks for your input. No i'm not running E85. i'm running siemens 80 injectors. i'm looking at the sheat. i wont be able to upload it until theis evening and see how it is . i appreciate it i'm really trying to understand all this

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    if you run those seimens 80's at 43.5 with a 1:1 FPR then you can try this data to see how you like it.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by cobaltssoverbooster; 06-04-2019 at 01:19 PM.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Advanced Tuner
    rjizzysredline - forgot to mention i dont use the voltage multiplier on my own car because i loose spark control meaning i go off scale