Thread: Tuning meth injection... Quick question for sanity check

Advanced Tuner

Tuning meth injection... Quick question for sanity check

I have a C6 with a A&A kit on about 8psi, mild cam, exhaust, and a 3400 or so converter... The Alky Control kit was installed after a previous tuner hacked the tune up and I'm basically starting from scratch.

When tuning meth... Is it acceptable (or correct) practice to tune the car on straight gasoline with conservative timing to get the airflow model correct, than apply meth injection and correct the lambda error on the PE table then bring in the timing?

I understand the safest way is to use DSteck's E85 emulator to add additional safety and functionality, but that isn't in the owners budget right now. I just want to make sure I'm doing this right given what I have to work with. I know there are multiple ways to approach it, but I feel like the method I'm asking about is the best.

The owner added meth to combat poor quality fuel in his area for a safety factor, it isn't because he's out of fuel system or trying to bandaid anything.

Advanced Tuner
    Always dial it in on gasoline first, IMO.

I typically will target around 12.5 afr in PE and let the meth make up the difference, fine tuning as needed.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Do you have the timing tables to increase timing based on IAT? I used that on my E78 to add timing based on the meth flow over the iat sensor.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok so i eliminated one of the meth nozzles and moved the remaining one towards the intercooler, further away from the mass airflow sensor so the IAT would see the meth... Now the MAF frequency goes nuts when the meth is sprayed... Did i do that wrong or is that why people go speed density? The MAF was already erratic on this car for some reason, couldn't hold it steady while logging at all, best i could do was collect an average of data between 3-5 consecutive cells before moving higher.

Advanced Tuner
    To clarify, it was a dual nozzle kit and the car is a long ways from needing that much meth.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 2000_SS View Post
    Ok so i eliminated one of the meth nozzles and moved the remaining one towards the intercooler, further away from the mass airflow sensor so the IAT would see the meth... Now the MAF frequency goes nuts when the meth is sprayed... Did i do that wrong or is that why people go speed density? The MAF was already erratic on this car for some reason, couldn't hold it steady while logging at all, best i could do was collect an average of data between 3-5 consecutive cells before moving higher.
    I'd spray after the MAF sensor. If you want the ECU to see the cooler charge temps, there's a breakout cable you can buy that will allow you to run a TMAP (MAP/TEMP combined) sensor where you'd normally run your MAP on the intake. I forgot who sells it but, I'll take a quick look. If not, hopefully someone else knows where to get the harness from.

Edit: Here's the link https://dsxtuning.com/products/lt1-t...ersion-harness
    Last edited by g26er; 06-04-2019 at 05:11 PM.
    2019 Corvette Grand Sport Black

2018 Camaro SS Bright Yellow

Ballenger motor sports sells the iat sensor and harness, just a black and tan wire from the five wire MAF that has to be used. Works well with meth injection