Thread: Vcm scanner will not record data

Potential Tuner

Vcm scanner will not record data

I'am having a problem with my tune so the tuner wants me to record some data and send it to him. When I hit the "start scanning" button nothing happens, i see no data on the screen at all. when i hit the "stop scanning" button i'll get 2-3 seconds off recorded data that is it any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by sclidgard View Post
    I'am having a problem with my tune so the tuner wants me to record some data and send it to him. When I hit the "start scanning" button nothing happens, i see no data on the screen at all. when i hit the "stop scanning" button i'll get 2-3 seconds off recorded data that is it any help would be appreciated.
    I'm right there with you. V4.4.2 downloaded today. Was working fine with the version I had downloaded in Jan (4.2 something maybe?), but I had to upgrade VCM Suite to flash a tune I got from my tuner (successful upload using VCM Editor). Now when I scan, I see nothing on the graphs. I tried logging for a few minutes and I still ended up with a 1kb file. I can check DTCs and see that some systems aren't ready for emissions testing.

I should also say that when I installed 4.4.2, it also flashed my MPVI2. So I'm not sure which of those updates made my scanning not work

Potential Tuner
    Yea the exact same thing is happening to me. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Maybe with we could uninstall and install the beta.

Potential Tuner
    I am having the same problem, when push the satrt button nothing happens , but the read Codes and the car's information is still working and so is the VCM Editor .
    any help will be very grateful