Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: If anyone is interested here is a 2013 veloster turbo Auto factory tune

Tuner
    If timing starts falling at WOT with rpm still climbing then you have some K/KR or your tune is not good anyway and needs some work. I can look at about any datalog and know if things look ok/normal for the car or not.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by zugig View Post
    That Denso plug is their heat range (HR) 20, which is equivalent to NGK heat range 6, which is stock for the 2013 VT but is way too hot.

XP5703 is equivalent to NGK HR7. I have used them with no issues, but others have reported breakage issues with them. XP5702 (HR8) & XP5701 (HR9) have thicker ground straps and are a bit more durable (have run both) but these are temporary/backup plugs at best.

You want a quality HR8 plug now and a HR9 plug as your tune gets fairly aggressive:

NGK R2556G-8 (recessed tip HR8) race plug is best.
    HKS M40XL (projected tip HR8) is 2nd best.

NGK R2556G-9 & HKS M45XL for HR9 plugs (future reference).

Do not skimp on plugs. Pay for the better ones. Also, if you are over 40K miles on the original ignition coils, those need to be replaced as well.
    Hey- I heard that the Velosters came out with better coil packs in 2016. So should I order for year model 2016 on my '13 when I replace them? Or, are all the new ones from the store just better? Certain brand suggested?

Tuner
    The coils are not better per se just new design and how they operate. 16+ coils are not interchangeable with the older cars and visa versa. New OEM coils for $200/set shipped from korea is the best bet. Many counterfeit and coils that do not work as well or overpriced.

Tuner in Training
    So, I've been havi g basically your same issue with the engine hard hesitating under WOT...what was the the thing you fiund to fix it? I need help on this real bad!!!!!!

Tuner in Training
    do you know if this tune would work in a manual trans? I mean, there's nothing really in the code for a manual, just temperature.

Tuner in Training
    Unfortunately I ended up trading the car in before fully diagnosing it. Got a deal on a truck that I could not say no to. I am 90% sure though the car had a failing head gasket as it failed 2 tests using the chemical detector. Never go to do a leak down test. If I were you I would do those tests and see what you come up with.