Thread: add wb o2 gauge output to obdll port for MPVI2

Tuner in Training

can i add inputs to OBD2 port for the MPVI2 to read.

I have a innovate ECF-1 gauge and i want to log it with my MPVI2 through the obdll port. the gauge has an output for wide band, E85%, fuel pressure and fuel temp. Id like to put those outputs in the unused pins in my obdll port. that way all i have to do is plug the MPVI2 into the port with no pass through like the AEM gauge has. Is that possible or do I need the pro version to log these? i really only need to log wideband. Car already gives it the rest.
    Last edited by JCunningham; 06-05-2019 at 05:10 PM.

Tuner in Training
    no one knows that sucks

Advanced Tuner
    0-5v analog signals can't be placed on the OBDII connector. You would have to create a version of the AEM 30-0334 circuit that converts ARF data to digital OBDII data.

I have flashed several of the AEM 30-0310 inline widebands that people have wired to the OBDII connector, like you describe. But, that is via the CANBus/OBDII interface. So, that is one way to get what you want, if your car is 2007 or later CANBus type.

AFAIK, Innovate does not support the OBDII interface.

Quote Originally Posted by dr.mike View Post
    I have flashed several of the AEM 30-0310 inline widebands that people have wired to the OBDII connector, like you describe. But, that is via the CANBus/OBDII interface. So, that is one way to get what you want, if your car is 2007 or later CANBus type.
    The manuals say the 30-0334 can be configured for either 11bit or 29bit, but the less fancy ones are fixed at 29 (AEMnet only?). Is there a hack to make the 0300/0310 speak the required 11bit like the 0334?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes. That is the re-flash. It converts an AEMNet X-series device to an OBDII device. But, you have to come up with your own wiring. i.e. you have to come up with your own pass-thru adapter or, wire it directly to the vehicle OBDII connector. Lots of people run it that way for convenience. In reality, I find a reprogrammed 30-0300 to be the best of all worlds. As it has the OBDII,0-5v analog, and Serial data available on the harness cable. The 30-0334 needs to have pins added to the connector/cable for analog and serial.

Tuner in Training
    thats what i was going to do take the yellow analog output 0v=7.35 5v=22.39 and pin it so i can insert it into the back of the cars obd2 port. 2017 Camaro SS ECF1_Manual.pdfECF1_Manual.pdf page 5. so my gauge has the analog output but not the serial so i would have to buy the pro version MPVI2 to log it
    Last edited by JCunningham; 06-06-2019 at 04:42 PM.

And then all you have to do is crack the MPVI2 open and figure out how to make it read & log an analog signal on one of the unused OBD2 pins, along with writing your own firmware, and your own version of the scanner that can be configured to find the new signal. Sounds much easier than buying a different wideband or upgrading to the Pro version!

Tuner in Training
    thanks ill get the pro version

Advanced Tuner
    One last thing, the digital OBDII interface is MUCH more accurate than the uncompensated analog output of the Innovate gauge.