Thread: 2011 Silverado 5.3 dod delete

Potential Tuner

2011 Silverado 5.3 dod delete

Preparing to install a Texas Speed Kit, stage 3 216/220 .550"/.550" 112 lsa cam, Pace Setter long tube headers. Will be having an "off road" exhaust installed when the truck is back together.
    I've shut off the dod.
    In a tune that hasn't been written to the truck I've turned off the MIL for the cylinder deactivation control circuits, o2 #2s, and catalyst efficiency bank 1 & 2.
    Any thing I've missed as far as the MILs?
    Any help with where to start adjusting the tune for these parts would be much appreciated. I've got little to no experience with this, but I'm very interested to learn.

Thanks
    Tom

Disable COT and both cat/rear o2 test in the engine diag's exhaust tab.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Disabled them, Thanks

COT is still enabled under the temp control tab.

Fair warning here, removing the speed limiter is cool and all but if you do not have an upgraded drivershaft I do not suggest going over 100mph. It is not rated above that limiter and it's not a matter of if but when for when it explodes. Lots of threads and youtube video's of people chucking the driveshaft on the dyno/street.

Past that, it'll start up and run but it'll be a long work in progress to fully fix everything that needs changing. Invest in a wideband o2 sensor so you can log real time air fuel ratio. Even if you aren't going to be the one doing the tuning, you still should have one just to monitor things.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I've got the wideband (AEM), I plan on doing the tuning, it may take me awhile to figure it out but eventually I will.
    My truck is a short bed single cab, the drive shaft is steel and short, the drive shaft failures I seen and read about were aluminum and long.

Potential Tuner
    Found the COT enabled and fixed that. Thanks