Thread: Write entire or write calibration?

Advanced Tuner

Write entire or write calibration?

Have I been doing it wrong the whole time? On copperhead ecu do you always write entire or do you write just calibration?

Write cal is faster and proffered whenever possible but not every OS will support that.

Advanced Tuner
    So for example I'm having trouble getting. 2012 coyote with lth, lu47s, boss 302 and pmas 120mm to shift like I want it. Could this be a possible cause? I have tried everything and it still is being stubborn and shifting way before it should.

Advanced Tuner
    If I get my laptop on lunch I'll upload my tune to be looked at. I'm sure theres

No, write cal would not affect your tune in this fashion.

Advanced Tuner
    I do write cal always because to me it's safer and faster. The only time I would do a write entire was if I was switching strategies
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Advanced Tuner

tune files

malik_03.hptmalik_05.hptstockbama.hpt

Here's the three tunes. _03 is what I wrote and I even did the rpm patch. its on the afore mentioned 2012 gt Auto. For what ever reason The car would not shift where I was commanding it to shift. What I ended up doing was taking the bama tune file that was built for him with the same Mods{long tubes, lu47s,pmas 120mm, and boss 302 intake} and copying all of my e85 data, timing, shift schedule, properties and schedule, ect over to build malik_05. after which the car would shift as programmed except in first. This is the first time I've encountered an issue like this. I even used the compare tool and copied everything over from the bama torque management for both engine and transmission and still it would hit a really bad hard limiter at 7,000 and would not shift till I exited WOT conditions. So I guess my long winded question is, What am I not catching that bama did to make the car shift past 7,000. And How can I get it to shift at past 7,000 in first since all the other gears now shift at 7600+?

TO CLARIFY: malik_03 is the tune that won't shift past 7,000 in any gear, Bama is of course Bama, and Malik_05 is the tune where it shifts past 7,000 in every gear except first gear.

Tuner in Training
    When using write calibration my car won't shift at all. I can put the shifter in (S) position and it won't even let me select a gear manually...

Advanced Tuner
    If someone gets the chance could you give me feedback on the tunes. I always use write cal on my 2014 and it works fine

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by aaronson View Post
    If someone gets the chance could you give me feedback on the tunes. I always use write cal on my 2014 and it works fine
    Do you have any logs of the events? Is it hitting the hard limiter on your Malik_05 tune or just not getting past 7k? Traction control on or off? Perhaps you are spinning and it's short shifting. There are some adjustments to be made but it kind of hinges on your response.
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results

Advanced Tuner
    I do not have any log files. That was my first mistake. in malik_05 it short shifts before 7k in first only. All other gears shift at 7,800ish. I'm trying to command it to shift at atleast 7,500 in first. the traction control was on during these test. I told him to turn it off all the way and it still won't shift past 7,000 only in first gear. Might I add that this only occurs when he has it in drive. When he puts it in 1 it will rev out like its suppose to.