Thread: 96 chevy Z71, 0411 swap, 5.7 vs 5.0 base file

Tuner in Training

96 chevy Z71, 0411 swap, 5.7 vs 5.0 base file

Swapped to the 0411 few years back, everything is good except now I want to learn some tunning. Looking through the base tune (2002 Express van tune) the engine size is set th 5.7 when the truck has a 5.0 also the cylinder volume is set to .62004. Am curious if this is a common change or do I need to set things correctly for the current engine? I notice that when I do make the change it modifys the VE table. The fueling is all over the place but thought I should correct this before I try tuning the MAF.

Neal

What the engine size says shouldn't make any difference. It's what the cylinder volume is set at does. .70XXX would be a 5.7 engine size so the current .62004 should be correct for the 5.0 engine side.

I'd just make it say 5.0, make sure the cylinder volume stays correct for that engine side and touch up the VE table as needed. Then work on the MAF tune to finish it off.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Thanks, appreciate the info

Neal

Tuner in Training
    My math may be off but, if the total volume of a 5L engine is 5L then wouldn't each cylinder be 0.625L's, being this number is used for the VE table then if not correct it will modify other settings. Not saying 0.6204 is wrong just trying to understand the math.

Neal

Advanced Tuner
    The engine isn't going to be perfect 5.0L of displacement. The .6204 gets you just under 303 ci, which is pretty dang close. Being off in a few decimal places isn't going to be a big deal at all. Being off by half a liter or more could however bake some error into the airflow model.

The stock value in their currently works out to be 303 ci, just under 5 liters. No reason to worry about it.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning