Thread: 1999 fbody 4l80 segment swap

Potential Tuner

1999 fbody 4l80 segment swap

Hey guys, I am trying to find a segment swap to a 4l80e for my camaro. OS #9373772. What vehicle would I find this in?
    Last edited by Brendyn; 06-04-2019 at 07:22 PM.

Post your stock file.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    my car has already been tuned by a shop for a cam swap...this is the only tune I have.Current Tune.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Any help would be much appreciated... I am stuck!

I'm sorry to say that you are out of luck as far as I am aware. OS changes have to be done on the stock OS, because this file has been upgraded you will want the stock file to flash back too.

The 9373372 stock OS has tons of 4L80e options on there, you can even search the forum with just that OS and find several threads with stock files from people asked the same question.

If you can obtain the stock file from the shop, you will be in business. Otherwise you are out of luck with what you have. Doing anything else will end up costing you more money and credits.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    I'm sorry to say that you are out of luck as far as I am aware. OS changes have to be done on the stock OS, because this file has been upgraded you will want the stock file to flash back too.

The 9373372 stock OS has tons of 4L80e options on there, you can even search the forum with just that OS and find several threads with stock files from people asked the same question.

If you can obtain the stock file from the shop, you will be in business. Otherwise you are out of luck with what you have. Doing anything else will end up costing you more money and credits.

I will call the shop in the morning and get it... dumb question but why can I not just put the 4l80 tune into my current tune? Why does it have to be the stock tune? Even with my stock tune, how will I put the 4l80 segment into my current tune that I need to keep? Car was actually first tuned by Texas speed so I hope they keep records..
    Last edited by Brendyn; 06-04-2019 at 08:43 PM.

The segment swap requires that the OS's match, so that the swap can be preformed.

The current tune file you have is using a different OS than the factory OS, so nothing with a 4L80e segment is going to match that. Thus the need for the stock file. Once the segment swap is done using a the stock file, you'd save your new segment swapped tune with the 4L80e.

You can then apply the same OS upgrade that was on your old file to the new file, do the write entire. Then use the copy/paste feature to copy over all the old data and make it as if nothing ever changed.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The segment swap requires that the OS's match, so that the swap can be preformed.

The current tune file you have is using a different OS than the factory OS, so nothing with a 4L80e segment is going to match that. Thus the need for the stock file. Once the segment swap is done using a the stock file, you'd save your new segment swapped tune with the 4L80e.

You can then apply the same OS upgrade that was on your old file to the new file, do the write entire. Then use the copy/paste feature to copy over all the old data and make it as if nothing ever changed.
    I emailed the texas speed tuner and he got back to me in about 3 minutes which is a good sign. We should be able to get it figured it out, thanks for pointing me in the right direction!

Potential Tuner
    The texas speed tuner said that my car being tuned does not matter the os number is still the same values are simply changed therefore I do not need the stock tune. Does this sound right? If not, is there a reason I cannot use a stock tune from the same year car and same orginial OS number to do what you are saying?

Potential Tuner
    I went to the repository and find my 3bar tune that everyone say was impossible and I was out of luck, don't relying on what people tell you do a research and you may find there.

Under Calibration/Tune Details and then the Controllers tab, you can see the OS number. It shows 9373372 -> 1283008, so yes the OS has changed.