Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mustang 2017 GT - How disable Low Oil Pressure light after Tune ?

Potential Tuner

Mustang 2017 GT - How disable Low Oil Pressure light after Tune ?

Hello from Belgium, I am a newbie.

I own a Mustang 2017 GT V8 Europe non PP (non Performance Pack).

I installed a double gauges on the middle of the dashpanel (Oil Pressure & Vacuum) as a PP-model. Once the wiring is completed (from OEM APIM Sync), Vaccum gauge is alive but not the Oil Pressure gauge.

With my VCM Editor, I changed a thing in my tune for the ECU to broadcast the actual oil PSI.
    The non Performance Pack GT's use a dummy 'switch' but when you change the 'Oil Pressure Config' from 'Switch' to 'transducer' (see form General Engine), my oil pressure gauge is now alive ! fine ! between 40 to 80 PSI.

But now, after every engine start, the car has the 'low oil pressure' light come on. I understand well, the pressure information is now used by the gauge and the ECU dummy 'switch' receive a pressure on null.

How can I disable this warning message ? Thanks for your help and sorry for my poor English
    Last edited by GuntherRedox; 06-05-2019 at 08:10 AM.

Potential Tuner
    A possible solution : Turned off DTC P0522 ? (Engine Oil Pressure Sensor/Switch Low Voltage)

Because my oil pressure sender is a one wire to the gauge.

Untitled.jpg

Now, my P0522 is set on 'No Error Reported'. Do I Have to change to 'No MIL Light' perhaps ?

Tuner
    hello do keep in mind the 5.0 3 gen runs around 15 psi at idle. most likely the PP has a different sender. the new gauge possibly effecting the signal

Potential Tuner
    bump for this as I have the same issue (Funny thing is... my car came with the wiring already but now Im getting a low Oil preassure)

May not apply here, but there is an "oil pressure switch hardware present" (something to that effect, IIRC) switch in my 2013 strategy. And is "disabled" by default.

Potential Tuner
    did you ever tried to get a GT350 or PP Oil sensor?

GT sender is 1 wire, closes to ground when above 10ish psi, no actual reading is produced from this sender.

PP/350 Sender is a 3 wire pressure transducer, and must be wired into ground/vref and then pinned into the ECU on the proper pin.

I'm in the process of doing this conversion now on mine. I have the proper oil sending unit/transducer, pcm pin and connector for the oil psi sender. Still need to wire it all in, and move the switch over in the ECU to see if it goes live.

As a pre-trail, I went ahead and did the switchover, then hooked up the scanner and re-polled, and some additional parameters for oil psi showed up. Then, switched the tune back and re-polled, lost some. The displayed oil psi in the scanner with the one wire sender and tune left on 'switch', is false and broadcast by the PCM to keep the cluster happy as best I can tell.
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

Tuner in Training
    General tab... under CHT sensor is engine oil sensor warning enable/disable.

Finally got around to installing the transducer setup and replacing my non PP one wire sender, so the oil psi is actually live in the data stream:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/133O...ew?usp=sharing
    '17 Whipple'd S550
    Too many other projects to list.....see my YouTube channel for more: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCr7...-XfDG53sCh6tcw

Potential Tuner
    I have the same setup as you. Used the wire behind sync and installed them gauges Vacuum working as you?ve mentioned and using hptuners I changed from switch to transducer. At first, it works like a charm but when I turn off the car and restart the engine oil pressure gauge is now at 100 psi!! I tried everything possible to find out why it?s doing this with no results. And what?s drive me crazy that the oil pressure SOMETIMES goes back to zero when I just press the start button without turning the engine and it works even after turning on the engine but as soon I turn the engine off and hit the start button again it will go back again to 100 psi and low oil pressure message comes up. I really don?t care much about the message but not sure why the oil pressure gauge goes to 100 psi and remain there! Any idea?

Potential Tuner
    I?m in the process of activating the oil pressure gauge in the PP gauge set. Of course, vacuum is alive but oil pressure is dead. I have the ?repair? kit to swap out the oil pressure switch to oil pressure sending unit with the three pins. From what I know, Pin 1 is the pressure switch. I believe the circuit for Pin 1 needs to be relocated to another pin location on the PCM. When the PCM oil pressure is switched to transducer, the PCM starts to look for the switch circuit at another pin location. If you leave the switch circuit in the original location, the PCM is not reading it at that original location so I thinks there?s a low oil pressure, hence the light. I?m going to test this but waiting on my MPVI3 from HPTuners.

Potential Tuner
    ok My take on this... after I installed the Boost gauges in my non pp GT I have to choose or run with a not working oil gauge or run with a warning all the time... after I took the opportunity to check a Mustang with this boost gauge from factory the oil pressure sensor was different than mine as It had 3 wires that constantly sensed oil data and assigned a value from 0 to 100 but mine only worked with 2 (Like and on off switch 1 and 0) after rewiring the sensor my gauge worked and the alarm went off like It was supposed to do hope this helps (I used the oil sensor from the GT350 same one found on late M1 and PP variants)

Potential Tuner

Non PP guages

Quote Originally Posted by MoiMon9003 View Post
    ok My take on this... after I installed the Boost gauges in my non pp GT I have to choose or run with a not working oil gauge or run with a warning all the time... after I took the opportunity to check a Mustang with this boost gauge from factory the oil pressure sensor was different than mine as It had 3 wires that constantly sensed oil data and assigned a value from 0 to 100 but mine only worked with 2 (Like and on off switch 1 and 0) after rewiring the sensor my gauge worked and the alarm went off like It was supposed to do hope this helps (I used the oil sensor from the GT350 same one found on late M1 and PP variants)
    Hi, i have 2016 gt/cs, i have installed the guages and oil pressure guage is not working, can you help me making it work? Look like you have made this to work

Set the switch and configure voltage for a new sensor...that is after you change the sensor and rewire the harness.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Set the switch and configure voltage for a new sensor...that is after you change the sensor and rewire the harness.
    Can you please tell me in detail, its new for me

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by MoiMon9003 View Post
    Hi , can u explain how to rewire the sensor .. i have the same issue and planning to buy the pp sensor with 3 pins , yet i dont understand how to rewire for the oil gauge to work . Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Tamer View Post
    Hi , can u explain how to rewire the sensor .. i have the same issue and planning to buy the pp sensor with 3 pins , yet i dont understand how to rewire for the oil gauge to work . Thanks
    Transducer is using different PCM input, completely different pin. You need to add 1 wire and hook it into correct blank pin in PCM connector.
    Only then you go to the tune side and change few things to make it work.

Potential Tuner
    Transducer is using different PCM input, completely different pin. You need to add 1 wire and hook it into correct blank pin in PCM connector.
    Only then you go to the tune side and change few things to make it work.
    Ok .. so the extra wire on the transducer should be connected to the blank pin in PCM ..

So what pin is the transducer using ? What is the pin number i should use ?

I read somewhere you should change pin 48 and put it in pin 57 .. is that correct , or you should add the extra wire from the new 3 wire transducer to pin 57 ? 😄 i am totally lost at this point

Potential Tuner
    Oil pr switch:
    image.png

Oil pr transducer:
    image.png
    Great , thank you .. its clear now 👌🏼😄