Thread: Questions regarding E67 OS/Hardware compatibility - plug and play?

Questions regarding E67 OS/Hardware compatibility - plug and play?

I have a 2008 Trailblazer SS (E67, OS 12618164).

I bought a E67 from a 2006 Impala 3.5 (E67, OS 12604996). I then used GM SPS to write the PCM for 2007 Trailblazer SS (E67, OS 12611938). I then read the ECM and used HPtuners to apply code modification (E67, OS 1250241). I did all of this using a bench harness with just the E67 connected, nothing else.

Will this E67 now run my 2008 Trailblazer SS? The Pinout between 2007 and 2008 Trailblazer SS appears to be identical. Will I need to modify VATS? Will the VIN being different cause an issue? Will communication to TCM (T42), EBCM, instrument cluster, and other Class 2 stuff work fine? If I change the VIN using a tool (not sure which yet, hptuners won't do it...) to my correct 2008 VIN (on a 2007 OS) will there be any issues? Basically is this plug and play? Seems too simple...

Advanced Tuner
    Yes it will run it Griffin, I did this in 2013 for a year or so (just not with the upgraded OS). It will run a bit differently than on the factory 08 OS, but not significantly so. Mainly around DFCO and TCM depending what TCM OS you use (wink wink there's a car TCM OS that works with the 07 OS and not with the 08 OS). I used 2007 TBSS E67 hardware w/matching factory 07 TBSS OS. If you dont want to use another program to change the VIN, just disable VATS and you should be good.

There's a question around if the original 06 Impala ECM hardware will brick itself with the 07 TBSS OS flashed in, but there's a good chance if it doesnt do that, you'll be set.

Since you applied the upgraded OS, are you doing this to get 2.5Bar OS support as we don't have it on our 08 OS? I'm more interested in going from the 08 ECM+OS to the 09 ECM+OS to get the higher IFR limit vs the 08 OS. I have a factory 09 TBSS ECM+TCM sitting here, just not enough time to play with it. I know it's been done though, so more concerned with the TCM and trans side (09 trans selector switch is different).
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Thanks for the info Erik!

I am looking for boost enrichment and this seems like the only way to get it.

Any more info regarding DFCO and TCM?

Will deleting VATS be required without a VIN change?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by griffincox View Post
    Thanks for the info Erik!

I am looking for boost enrichment and this seems like the only way to get it.

Any more info regarding DFCO and TCM?

Will deleting VATS be required without a VIN change?
    Not sure on VATS, I sync'ed the VIN so everything lined up. Worst case you'll get the security light on after doing the relearn procedure, could just patch VATS if it doesn't start after that.

DFCO just seemed to activate more aggressively with the 07 ECM +TCM OS vs factory 08 combo. Probably could play with it a bit and sort it out, I didn't get around to looking at it.

And boost enrichment, forgot that was in the enhanced OS as well. Wish there was a way to get the lower fan limit outside of an enhanced OS, especially when there isnt one for the 08 TBSS.
    ~Erik~
    2013 Sonic RS - manual, CGM, 6M, sunroof, mods in process
    2008 TrailBlazer 3SS AWD LS2, loaded, dropped, modded, SE22 Performance tuned. And then some...
    2002 TrailBlazer LT 4WD 4.2L I6, lifted, tires, exhaust, SE22 Performance tuned

Using the 09 ECM in a 07-08 requires knowing some user defined parameters.

DSX Tuning - Authorized HP Tuners Dealer
    http://www.dsxtuning.com
    http://www.facebook.com/dsx.tuning
    Just say no to bull s***.
    IF YOU WANT HELP, POST A FILE!