Thread: not able to log desired map

Advanced Tuner

not able to log desired map

Whats up guys, I'm trying to set up my torque error histogram and when I log desired map I just see "0" for that value for the entire log. I tried it on 2 different cars, one of which is completely stock and still get a big ole fat "0". Is this a common issue. I can post a log file if it will help.

This is in regards to 17/ 18 camaro ss.
    2018 Camaro SS, Maggie 2650, 103 TB, Big Gulp, E85

Doesn’t work on the e92a stuff.. few other desired PIDs don’t work either

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Advanced Tuner
    Great. Maybe you can throw me a bone on how I would dial in the map based torque table then? I?m guessing I would have to basically reduced the data at the same linear rate as stock in the map table. It seems the rpm vs airmass table is close just tuning fuel since the load calc should be correct now.

Which brings me to my next question, if load is calculated using gmve, map and iat, then why do we have two torque tables? Is it just acting as a check, almost like an inverse table checking map vs air mass correlation? Part of me wonders if one is for speed density and one for maf torque calc,
    Last edited by GPGTP; 06-06-2019 at 03:42 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    please help, I'm willing to pay. I need some direction or maybe someone to remote tune.

If I leave all tables stock it idles perfect, ac engages/ disengages smooth, torque reports correctly. The issue is return to idle, dips too low. When I get the torque tables to a spot where it returns to idle well then I start having issues with a/c engage/ disengage, idle starts to surge, timing goes lower than I would like to see and torque reports negative.

If I quickly jab the throttle it returns to idle very well but when I hold it at say 1200 and let off it will drop too fast.

I WILL PAY FOR HELP, WHO LIKES MONEY?

external load table models zero pedal torque

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks, I?m going to go back to stock and adjust that table. Besides recovery it idles perfect. Should I increase the table?

Quote Originally Posted by GPGTP View Post
    Thanks, I?m going to go back to stock and adjust that table. Besides recovery it idles perfect. Should I increase the table?
    log zero pedal into the external load table

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    log zero pedal into the external load table
    thank you sir, I will give that a shot tonight and let you know what I find.

Advanced Tuner
    zero pedal torque.PNG

this is what I found, wasn't logging oil temp but this data was all taken at operating temp. In comparison to my vehicle when it was stock the numbers are definitely higher. This can only mean one thing, my torque tables are out to lunch. I'm going to make a new post and start from the beginning.