Thread: VCM suite 4.4 with MPVI 1

Advanced Tuner

VCM suite 4.4 with MPVI 1

Gents,

ive been running through this sub forum and am seeing a lot of people who seem to have had issues updating the firmware on their MPVI 1 with earlier releases of VCM suite rev 4. i just want to make sure that VCM V4.4 is still compatible with MPVI 1.

I haven't updated my firmware since 3.2.7. as everything has worked great but i see there are a lot of new features seeing as how i am so back dated...but dont want to make my scanner or editor inoperable. im also running an AEM wideband and saw a comment in the VCM 4.4 release thread stating that they lost their AEM wideband recording ability.

I kind of view this as why fix what isnt broke but that would also be like saying it from behind the keyboard of a windows XP LOL. thanks guys...ive kind of been out of the game for awhile. Also my two vehicles are an 2010 CTS-V and 04 Tahoe so im sure that there should be no issues running those PCMs with the MPVI 1 as i have been for years.

Sorry if this topic has been posed already, i could really find these exact questions answered anywhere so thats what prompted me to create a thread.
    2010 CTS-V A6, Airaid CAI, 2.4 pulley, ported ls7 throttle body, ID850s, ARH 1-7/8" headers and X pipe, TR7IX plugs, MSD wires, Elite catch can, ZL1 lid and Track Attack HX

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Yes, 4.4 is compatible with MPVI1 interfaces
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Yes, 4.4 is compatible with MPVI1 interfaces
    Thank you sir
    2010 CTS-V A6, Airaid CAI, 2.4 pulley, ported ls7 throttle body, ID850s, ARH 1-7/8" headers and X pipe, TR7IX plugs, MSD wires, Elite catch can, ZL1 lid and Track Attack HX

Please let me know how you go, I have had similar reservations and as such, have remained at 3.6.26, but may be forced newer for vehicle support.

Advanced Tuner
    Will do, I?ll probably get to it tomorrow or over the weekend. I have quite a few custom profiles that i want to save in my scanner and am worried that they will not be a direct import. Ill probably update one of my computers and leave the other on 3.2. Ill report back.
    Last edited by JBZ; 06-06-2019 at 10:25 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    That didnt work. MPVI failed the firmware update half way through and then proceeded to have the error light on the unit itself. thank god i had not updated my original 3.2 software on my other computer and it was able to restore the firmware on the MPVI 1 and brought it back to its original state.

Bill any suggestions? drivers? firmware? .net framework, thank you Capture.PNG
    Last edited by JBZ; 06-07-2019 at 10:27 PM.

I think I'll wait...

Subscribed.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by PGA2B View Post
    I think I'll wait...

Subscribed.
    Brotha, im glad you chimed in. I was wondering what version you were on and was going to msg you about it. Does the version youre using have the FPCM cell able to be disabled? Thats really what im after most right now. Still running stock pumps but looking at either a BAP, after market pumps or both when i move up to E.

I've got 4.2.12 and I can disable it under Fuel Sys>General.
    Last edited by PGA2B; 06-08-2019 at 10:39 PM.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel

Updated to 4.4.4 last night and did firmware update on MPVI1 interface and all is well and the scanner works just like it did in 4.2.12. No issues. I repolled before I scanned just to be sure nothing fell out.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe

I update all my computers last week from 2.24 to 4.4x

No issues with either my MPVI1 or MPVI2.

Im getting into the habit of repolling each vehicle, and disconnecting from the scanner, but no issues on my MPVI1 updating firmware to 4.4x

Im currectly updating my kids old laptops as spares.

Updated my two tuning laptops last week, the one I did the firmware update for the MPVI1 seems to work fine but my other one doesn't recognize vehicle protocols and can't seem to resync the interface even though I can pull up the data from the device. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both 4.4x and the beta 4.5 and uninstalled all the drivers and used the latest download of drivers from the website with no luck. Rather annoying.

Potential Tuner
    Mods, what's up with this? We are stuck. I have the same issue. Tuner sent me a tune and it was written on 4.4 so I had to update. VCM tried updating my MPVI1 and it failed. Now I have an error light permanently light on the unit. Keep failing regardless. Has no one figured this out yet?

Potential Tuner
    I'm using V3.4.89 should i update software or can I ?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gmony01 View Post
    Mods, what's up with this? We are stuck. I have the same issue. Tuner sent me a tune and it was written on 4.4 so I had to update. VCM tried updating my MPVI1 and it failed. Now I have an error light permanently light on the unit. Keep failing regardless. Has no one figured this out yet?
    i had that happen and had to go back to an older version to fix the error...it worked but still cant get 4.4 to work. i did update another machine with 4.4 but havent tried it due to being out of town for work.

Quote Originally Posted by mooredata View Post
    I'm using V3.4.89 should i update software or can I ?
    probably not until there is a resolution to the error...in my opinion anyways