Thread: AFM Delete

Potential Tuner

AFM Delete

Currently doing a total delete 09 Chevy 5.3 Using a kit I got from Texas speed. Is this the best tuner? Is it plug and play or do I need a laptop. I'm new to the tuning and I mostly just want to delete the AFM permanently. thanks in advance for any help.

You need a laptop to use this product.

It uses a credit based system, each computer has a different amount of credits it costs for a one time fee to do unlimited changes to the computer. Your vehicle is 2 credits, so $100 for that on top of you buying the HP Tuners hardware.

It's plug and play as far as making changes go. Once you license the computer with your credits, you can make changes to the file and flash them to the vehicle.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    So I just need a laptop and the standard not pro MVPI2 and purchase a couple credits. Sounds easy enough lol Any operating system requirements for laptop any recommendations for laptop all I have now is a desk top imac? does the hp tuner come with required cables or are they sold separate? I submitted to talk with someone haven't heard anything.

Windows 7 or windows 10 is what I use, not a single problem with either laptop. They are just HP laptops that costed me like $180-230 and have decent battery life.

You get everything need to use it with the laptop. Look on their website to see the product itself. The software is free to download as well. And yes you only need the standard HP Tuners to do what you need to do.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks for the information. The website is vague.

Yes!! I'm doing the same on a 2012 Silverado, and had the same question. Thank you.