Thread: feature request - Auto label logs with vin or year/ make/ model.

Senior Tuner

Lightbulb feature request - Auto label logs with vin or year/ make/ model.

I work on a ton of different cars daily over the course of 3-4 days each. Often I need to go back and look in my logs ...\Documents\HP Tuners\VCM Scanner\Logs\ and review a car I did 2 days ago, a week ago, year ago, etc. It would be super neat if we could have the files names go

from
    19-06-06 18-43-00.hpl

to maybe
    Date - Time - Last 8 of vin.hpl

or
    Date - Time - year- make- model- last couple of vin?

Pretty please?

PS.. Just checked and I have 58 logs from Monday to Thursday. Several different cars all mixed in there.. In car A, jump out to work on Car B, back to car A, over to car C. It is tedious trying to go back and figure out which is which.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Senior Tuner
    please??
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Vehicle Profiles were supposed to be the answer to this, and many other challenges faced by tuners that access many vehicles.

Unfortunately, it's behind schedule.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Advanced Tuner
    If you do put this in, please give us the ability to disable it.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Vehicle Profiles were supposed to be the answer to this, and many other challenges faced by tuners that access many vehicles.

Unfortunately, it's behind schedule.

Thanks! In the meantime can we just have the file name appended with the above? It would be a great help I think to a lot of us.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com

Create a directory structure by Year, Make, Model or by Customer Name and then save all .hpt and .hpl files within the directory structure and you won't need this feature. Especially helpful if you remember people by thier cars. An older LS swapped vehicle may have a 2003 tahoe ecu and you're not going to remember that for everyone's car.