Thread: Coyote 90mm TB Help

Potential Tuner

Coyote 90mm TB Help

Hi, I need help tuning a Ford Racing 90mm TB on a 2014 Mustang 5.0
    TB part # is M-9926-M5090

Car stalls and surges a lot during acceleration.

Advanced Tuner
    There isn?t a data set that is provided anywhere for this unit. I ran one on a 2013 with a ported boss manifold for a while before I went cobrajet.

I tried first ?scaling? the data for the stock tb upward. Didn?t work well.

I tried using 6060 data from a
    Gt500 since the total cfm was ?close? to the 90. Was better but still surge under heavy throttle before wot

I think I tried the 87mm data from a gt350 (I had to trim it down a little since the table is smaller in s197) and it drove ok but some surge still

The best I was able to do was modify the data for the monoblade of all things. I scaled the monoblade back some percentage and that worked really really well. Then I modified the tq tables in the areas that it was surging and it smoothed out and drive great.

I realize that isn?t a lot to go on, but the point is that there?s a few ways to go about making it drive well. Because of the nature of the strategies on these cars, the tune I had for my own car didn?t work well on a 2014 with the exact same parts as mine (a buddy owned that car). I don?t know why lol. I?d send the tune I had but I don?t even know if I still had it. I might, I guess I can look when I have time.

One thing I was able to do in a car where I was having surge trouble (3.6L kb blower on a boss 302 with a mammoth monoblade) was set the wot start to 501 and wot end to i forget like 512. That helped a bunch on that car, but idk how it would feel on an na car.

Advanced Tuner
    Also regarding stalling, I fixed that with the idle airflow tables, and idle airflow angle.