Thread: Recommended MP for 2015 Mustang

Potential Tuner

Recommended MP for 2015 Mustang

I?m wanting to limit the MPs used and didn?t really see any recommendations in the forum. I have OP enabled and wanted to go down to a few MPs for part throttle and idle. Wasn?t sure best route to take as I?m still learning the MP logic. Thanks.

Potential Tuner
    I've taken a look at the rousch file and also read the post about IMRC deletes and have a good understanding now of the logic. My question now is if you narrow down to a few maps like some of you do, how do you progress the cams in just a few maps going from cruising, light, hard accel, to the OP map? I know the OP map has it's own cam profile which would make this way easier if each map point had one. It's hard to pick and choose a specific advance/retard to use for each map.

Tuner
    If you eneble only one MP, the ECU will still use all MP for TIVCT. The MP limit does only apply to the Torque and spark tabels. Your TIVCT will function as before in accordance to what is configured in your Emmission Reduction/Fuel Economy and Optimal Stability Mapped Points and Distance tables.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Town-GT View Post
    If you eneble only one MP, the ECU will still use all MP for TIVCT. The MP limit does only apply to the Torque and spark tabels. Your TIVCT will function as before in accordance to what is configured in your Emmission Reduction/Fuel Economy and Optimal Stability Mapped Points and Distance tables.

This is true.

If you truly want to use less MPs, you have to redefine the mapped point definition tables for "best fuel economy" etc, and the distance tables.

Potential Tuner
    So if I leave the distance tables alone and only enable only one map point per config, I will still be able to use the other VCT MPs?